Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Pic of me in action on board the mighty AR1! Local Crit just outside Edinburgh, horrendous weather, grimacing though the pain!!

trilocus

by trilocus

Anyone in europe has ar frd frameset???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mr928

by mr928

Just got my AR1 frame set, Ultegra Di2 groupo and assorted other bits. Time to build.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Mize wrote:Super Dave:

Are their any plans for a mechanical AR FRD for the SRAM-22 weenies?

No SRAM is planning on making an electric group to fit our F FRD and AR FRD frames :)
They're joining the leading edge, we won't be moving backward.

-SD

trilocus

by trilocus

SuperDave:

Do you know when ar frd frames will arrived to europe??

Thank you

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

trilocus wrote:SuperDave:

Thank you

About 6 weeks ago.

-Dave

trilocus

by trilocus

SuperDave wrote:
trilocus wrote:SuperDave:

Thank you

About 6 weeks ago.

-Dave

6 weeks ago? I ordered and paid mine in October, the lbs said week 14 (first week of April) and then was delayed to May. Now i don't know when my frame will arrived. It is very frustrating not knowing when I will receive the ar fed frame. The first delivery date was January, and it has been delayed. This is not serious for a company like Felt

emartin

by emartin

I don't know how you guy done it but after filing down the spring slot on the Tektro caliper, this thing doesn't fit right! There is way too much lever pull for the caliper to move a bit. I did a major modification on the Shimano unit by cutting the arm, drill a hole for the cable and made treads for a set screw to fix it in place. I'm not sure about the long term solidity because the arm is quite thin but it work much better than the Tektro.

Anyhow, any input is welcome but I'm debating between try it this way or ordering a new Shimano caliper, remove the Stages and wait for the Ebrake :cry:

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

SuperDave.

I was cleaning the bike today and spotted this. It's on the non driveside chaninstay, near the BB, you can see the rear brake at the bottom. Anything to be worried about? As you know the bike is only a few weeks old and has not been dropped/crashed/ or even taken a hit in the region. There seems to be a weird bit of carbon weave there already as you can see in the picture. I can just about feel the crack in the lacquer with my finger nail. That is the line to the right, the line to the left seems to be under the lacquer and part of the carbon weave.

rijndael

by rijndael

Yes, I would be concerned. It may be related to the stress induced from braking, and I'd want Felt to investigate the issue further.

Mize

by Mize

If it were me I wouldn't ride it.
Yikes.

Mize

by Mize

mitchgixer6:

Can you carefully wipe the entire area down and send me some additional photos of the area including inside the chainstays?
If you look at the one photo you sent the white decal appears to have two wrinkles in it. Am I seeing this correctly?

(I'm a materials scientist who did a lot of composites inspections in a previous life)

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Will do. That's the frame clean, any differences of colour or texture are within the carbon weave. The 2 wrinkles as you describe are cracks in the lacquer. That's what originally drew my attention to the area.

Mize

by Mize

There are some other lines that aren't the weave in the original picture...lower left a scuff mark...right side some linear features that look like water/sweat streaks. Just to the right of the obvious crack there is what appears to be an indentation. It lies between a bunch of lighter weave features.

I don't think this is brake stress related - wrong location. First guess is that this could be impact damage with the rear dropouts loose (no wheel or shipping axle) but that's just a wild guess at this point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Doesn't seem to be any marks at all on the other side of the chainstay. It probably looks much worse than it is (for now!). As I say the only thing I can feel is the tiny crack in the lacquer, but obviously if the lacquer is cracked then something has shifted that shouldn't have.

The scuff mark is under the lacquer, and it was like that from new. I remember spotting that area whilst building it up and thinking it was odd. Running my hand over it it is 'bumpy' in that area. As I say that's the frame spotless, I have wiped and wiped to make sure it's clean. All the marks and oddness is with the weave/construction in that area. Maybe you could post a picture of your own bike from that area to compare? Should the weave be standard as on the rest of the frame?