HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post subject: luck shoes - mini review
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm 

Hello,

I would like to share with you the following (I am not an english native speaker so forgive me the spelling errors). I recently had to buy a new set of shoes. The reason was that my old nike poggio II shoes were broken.

The problem for me buying cycling shoes is that I my feet have two different shoes sizes. And also that my other toes are rather large compared to my big toe. This means that I always have two buy two pair of shoes and only use one shoe of the pair.

Recently I read in the german magazine tour that a spanish firm offered the possibility to buy different sizes with a different last. So I went with that. Also for my left shoe I specified that I needed a 5 degree last.

The company is http://www.luck-bike.es

I measured my feet according to their specification and received my sizes. There was a lot difference between the specification and the sizes I normally buy. I contacted them about that. And after some consultation about previous shoes I used and a photo of my feet. They advised me a size which I ordered.

I received the shoes. I ordered a black set of light 2.0. After I put them on I must say they fit really well. My toes only have a room of I guess around two or three mm but they are not being squeezed or really touching the shoes, Although I am now wearing thicker merino socks for the winter.

I have now cycled around 300 km with them I must say I am satisfied.

So for people with different feet sizes this is an option. Also you can specify the last, varus/valgus correction, and sole thickness for leg length differences. For the weightweenies 41.5 is around 294 grams and the 40 is 288 grams.

By the way I have made a picture. I only do not no how to attach them to the topic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm 

Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Suhweet. Which model do you get? Given that this is Weight Weenies, you forgot to mention the most important attribute of your shoes, how much they weigh (with corresponding size), which of course is more important than how they fit or perform, and is trumped only by how well they match your bar tape and saddle.

Spain has a rich cycling shoe tradition. I still have my Pro-100 "lui" elegance "Made in Spain" shoes from 1984. The conventional slotted cleat attaches to the sole via recessed allen bolts - I don't remember any cleat attaching mechanism as nice as that on any other cycling shoes back then, although maybe there were. They were better than my Detto Pietros of various article numbers, and are stll my "go to" shoes for the now rare occasions on which I ride with conventional cleats. Alas, I am not aware of any source for replacement cleats.

I didn't even know the manufacturer's name until I just googled. Apparently, it is J.R. Rudy. Are they still in business?
http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/zeus/zeus85/pdf/zeuscatalog1985%20-%200005.pdf

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 pm 

Nice! Not to distract from your luck, but I'm in the same boat and was able to pay bont just ~30$ extra to order different sizes left and right.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:54 am 

cycles wrote:
Hello,

I would like to share with you the following (I am not an english native speaker so forgive me the spelling errors). I recently had to buy a new set of shoes. The reason was that my old nike poggio II shoes were broken.

The problem for me buying cycling shoes is that I my feet have two different shoes sizes. And also that my other toes are rather large compared to my big toe. This means that I always have two buy two pair of shoes and only use one shoe of the pair.

Recently I read in the german magazine tour that a spanish firm offered the possibility to buy different sizes with a different last. So I went with that. Also for my left shoe I specified that I needed a 5 degree last.

The company is http://www.luck-bike.es

I measured my feet according to their specification and received my sizes. There was a lot difference between the specification and the sizes I normally buy. I contacted them about that. And after some consultation about previous shoes I used and a photo of my feet. They advised me a size which I ordered.

I received the shoes. I ordered a black set of light 2.0. After I put them on I must say they fit really well. My toes only have a room of I guess around two or three mm but they are not being squeezed or really touching the shoes, Although I am now wearing thicker merino socks for the winter.

I have now cycled around 300 km with them I must say I am satisfied.

So for people with different feet sizes this is an option. Also you can specify the last, varus/valgus correction, and sole thickness for leg length differences. For the weightweenies 41.5 is around 294 grams and the 40 is 288 grams.

By the way I have made a picture. I only do not no how to attach them to the topic.

I also have pair of shoes of different sizes and I used to always have same problem that you have but the shoes you have told are really comfortable to wear and I have brought these shoes at reasonable price through hypedc.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:40 am 

Sidi was providing me mis-matched left/right size shoes for years. No upcharge, just had to wait a while. (Note - I'm not fast, not sponsored, just a dope consumer.)
I believe they will still do this if you ask a reputable Sidi dealer to put in the order for you. They tend to do this for their top line shoes only though.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:40 pm 

Vittoria has no up charge for a pair of mis-matched sized shoes.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 pm 

Cool.. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm 

Bont has a 30AU$ upcharge

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:24 am 

Great info. Handy to know for my next pair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:26 pm 

Any updates? How are the shoes holding up. I am looking at buying a pair as they seem remarkably good value. My feet are the same size, and their entry level carbon sole and Boa lacing system is only €104, which seems incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 pm 
Resident Pro

Luck is coming out with a power meter built into the shoe. Eliminates need to change cranks or wheels like other power meters. Very excited about this.

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 pm