Colnago C59 54s GDSL now finished

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eurperg

by eurperg

De-stickered Boras with Veloflex Roubaix... looking better, but one might mistake these for alibaba.com 50mm tubulars. What a horrible thought, must get those dark labels soon!

Compared to Hyperons with same tires, Boras feel faster, little bit harsher and more stable. Surprisingy stable even in windy weather.
Last edited by eurperg on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

good looking colnago

LionelB

by LionelB

eurperg wrote:one might mistake these for alibaba.com 50mm tubulars. What a horrible thought, must get those dark labels soon!

The cult sticker and G3 lacing is saving you :D

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Looking way better! But the black decals will just give it that final thing!

Pretty much a perfect wheel collection for that frameset, the Hyperons/Ambrosios for the classic spring rapha gravel hell rides, and the Boras for that slick euro pro look :thumbup:

eurperg

by eurperg

Just applied Dark Label stickers, what a nerve-racking job to get them perfectly! There's no application film like with cheap ebay decals, just the backing paper.

Part number is LAB-BOT12DK, if anyone is interested in switching from bright to dark label...
Last edited by eurperg on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

BWO

by BWO

Stunning!

Elrey

by Elrey

Looks like a great job, from where I'm sitting. Killer Colnago!

paradawt

by paradawt

Perfect.

In my opinion, just change tape and saddle to black too.

But it's perfect anyway.
Berria Belador 7

Goldenr

by Goldenr

Beautifull!
White balances well especially with the paint scheme.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

One of my favorite builds Eurperg. I too have a set of dark label boras and initially had the tan sidewalls on them. But I find that with any deeper black carbon rim, at least to my eyes, they look better with all black tires. I think my favorite rendition of your bike is as it is above but with the Hyperons and tan sidewalls. Oh, and yes that the bright label Boras looked way too loud on your bike. Dark labels is much better.

Also, thanks for posting the pic of the underside of your fork in the "on the road" section in response to my question about the clearance. That was nothing, a few scratch marks from normal everyday riding stuff. With mine, using 25mm Arrenbergs on the Boras, I'd be hard pressed to be able to pass a 2.5 Allen wrench over the tire and between the fork and crown without no interference. More like 1.5-2mm. That's not a lot, and even though I've had no issues, I hate the thought of one day some sharp rock getting stuck in there and jamming.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eurperg

by eurperg

With 25mm Arenbergs on Nemesis rims, I'm able to pass a 2.5 allen key without touching between the tire and fork, also 3mm key also goes but requires some pushing. Seems like there is some variation with the forks.

After filing the lawyer's tabs off, there's also some extra room in the dropouts, so using a 1mm shim there would give more clearance.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Looks damn good with the dark labels!

eurperg

by eurperg

Replaced the Power2Max power meter (for sale) with SR Ti cranks and lost ~400g :beerchug:

asdf123

by asdf123

Why no p2m? :) btw. the red "titanium ut" just hurts my eyes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eurperg

by eurperg

Merckx and Coppi didn't need a power meter, neither do I... ;)

In fact I bought it to rehab from knee surgery and now that I'm over it I don't need it anymore.

Actually I was looking for standard Record cranks but found these cheaper NOS... I understand your comment about the red color absolutely!