21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ipump

by ipump

The spring weighs 6gm.
morris

dogg

by dogg

6g??? oh no

might as well throw a brick in your jersey pocket

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sm4100

by sm4100

Ok... someone weighted and the actual was 23g + 6g from that special CNC machined spring lol = 29g same as my Barbieri Nana which costed me 48usd shipped so again where is the double price point here? Let's not even talk about that beautiful noise from the pump+spring shaking inside the seat post.

ipump

by ipump

does Barbieri Nana pump have a hose? how do you mount it on your bike? electrical duct tape?
love you guys. keep it coming!!!
Morris

sm4100

by sm4100

Hose? Why do I need a disposable hose like that yellow cheap plastic..... have you ever heard of jersey pocket? Why do I need a huge spring and why do I need to remove the seat post to reach the pump. Very stupid idea sorry to say. You are helpless in your comments

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

But he loves us! Look at all the free publicity/advertising he is getting.

Simon BP

by Simon BP

WTF! This is WEIGHTWEENIES and people are hacking down on a new ultra lightweight product?!
So what if it's ridiculously expensive, aren't all ww products?
It's 25% lighter than the second lightest pump on the market! And that one is not exactly a heavyweighter to start with.. That is a real achievement if you ask me!
It may only be 7-9g here, but if you could save 25% weight on your entire bike + equipment, then that adds up to something. And isn't that what weightweenie'ism' is really about?

DMF

by DMF

I can make you a pump that weighs less than one gram, will fit under the tip of your thumb nail, and charge you a 100$ for it, shipping not included. I will too refuse any actual data of its performance... Would you like to buy it?

sm4100

by sm4100

Agree DMF... let's not mix weight saving with dead weight. It has to be light but work and as we have seen they all are refusing to prove the very basic questions about this pump. it is a clear scam so far. I can save a lot of weight on my bike using plastic bolts and nuts but don't ask me if they will work. This is what this pump is all about so far. And as far as the publicity goes here the only thing I have seen is people tire of bla bla and wrong attitude from the inventor of this pump and few or no buyers at all here to review the pump. Where is the guy collecting 3 ipump and hidding the results. That's is the worse publicity I have ever seen.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Simon BP wrote:WTF! This is WEIGHTWEENIES and people are hacking down on a new ultra lightweight product?!
So what if it's ridiculously expensive, aren't all ww products?
It's 25% lighter than the second lightest pump on the market! And that one is not exactly a heavyweighter to start with.. That is a real achievement if you ask me!
It may only be 7-9g here, but if you could save 25% weight on your entire bike + equipment, then that adds up to something. And isn't that what weightweenie'ism' is really about?

Yes and no. A "extreme" Weight Weenie wouldn't have any pump, no tools, no extra tubes, no water bottle, no food, nothing.

But, instead, many "true" Weight Weenies care about weight - so long at the performance is not compromised.
Is it possible to have ultra lite and high performance? Yes. If that's expensive, that's fine, but at least it covers two of the three necessary bits: performance & weight.

This pump is just expensive, performance has been compromised. Weight loss is a bit useless if the pump can not perform well enough to get a tire pumped with a reasonable effort.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

sedluk

by sedluk

There is a youtube video posted of a guy iPumping up a tire connected to an air gauge.

I took a glued tubular (Gatorskin) and brought it into the kitchen and pumped it up until it was almost rideable. It was pretty quick, I did not get the stop watch out but it was enough to convince me that if I ever find myself on the road I will be able to pump up my spare tire. Normally a tufo 160 gram tire. The Tufo 160 gram would pump up in even less time because it is smaller, but I have no details on that either.

Everyone has different needs and priorities. I ride Tubular Gatorskins and normally have a Tufo 160 with me. I replace my tires when the waffle pattern is no longer or just barely visible in the center of the tire. I weight 160 lbs and fill to 100 psi. I would guess that I get a flat once every 15,000+ miles. In the case of a flat, all that I am after is getting home. It happens so infrequently that it is fine if I lose the front group and just finish the ride. I am not chasing anyone down on a 160 gram tire. But then again I have been impressed with how well the 160 tires hold up. If it takes one, two, three or four minutes to pump up the tire it does not really make that much difference to me.

If I am riding in a race or Fondo I usually do not carry anything. For most riding I carry a Genuine Innovations Second Wind Road Mini Carbon Pump. I have never used a stop watch to compare that pump either. From my very limited testing the pumps are pretty similar in performance.

I can understand from a gear perspective that people like detailed data. If it was available that would be cool. It would be nice for someone to take a range of tires and mini pumps and get some data. I am not the guy for the job.

DMF

by DMF

Sedluk, please... On behalf of everyone in this thread, please would you not, for us (puppy eyes) completely deflate the tire, push the last air out. And count the actual number of strokes to get it to a 100psi, maybe with a little note about what it took to get it to 80psi along the way.

I could ofcourse not possibly ask you to get the tire to a 150psi...

Never mind the time it takes though, just the number of strokes. Pretty please?

pitbull

by pitbull

DMF wrote:Sedluk, please... On behalf of everyone in this thread, please would you not, for us (puppy eyes) completely deflate the tire, push the last air out. And count the actual number of strokes to get it to a 100psi, maybe with a little note about what it took to get it to 80psi along the way.

I could ofcourse not possibly ask you to get the tire to a 150psi...

Never mind the time it takes though, just the number of strokes. Pretty please?
yes please. that would be really nice. Even if you dont mind how many strokes it takes just tell the people who are interested in this pump.

BRM

by BRM

:D Don't forget that Morris invented the presta adapter (according his own talk in one of his vids)
:P And also he solved the problem how to attach such an adapter to a 4 mm hose. It was never done before (according his own talk in one of his vids)

:lol: Furthermore he made it 100% efficient.
:) All made with a hypermodern total new super technique called CNC.
:mrgreen: It's also able to deliver an asthonising 150 psi with ease.

:roll: When people have doubts and ask critical questions, the only answer of the developer are counter attacks.
There are only doubtful vids with a lot of blahbla. No solid reviews, no other solid information about this pump that we can trust.
Even people that seem to have bought it are not able to do some basic simple tests.
Really unbelievable.

:smartass: Recommended NOT to buy.

Therefore we nominate the ipump for:

- - The Farting Cow product of the year 2014 - -

sedluk

by sedluk

Ok, I have no interest in spending my time testing a pump, I would rather be out riding my bike. Some of you guys have a great sense of humor, I got a good laugh out of the ugly pump on gay carpet thing and calling me a pump collector. How about one of our fellow weight weenies with a high rating that lives in the USA offer to test out the pump. Seeing that I am a pump collector, I will buy another micro iPump and have it shipped to your address. You test it out and pump it all you want, then mail me the pump, I could always use another light weight pump.

Then everyone is happy and we will all find out how many pumps it takes to pump up a tire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com