IF Ti Crown Jewel

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

smkane9

by smkane9

Calnago wrote:That's a really nice bike. But that cabling is horrendously lopsided. Really needs to be redone. And you're talking about cutting the steerer to remove spacers. It already looks like you've got a significant saddle to bar drop going on, what is it by the way? Just how many of those spacers are you planning on taking out? You're back is already messed up and I hope it recovers fully. I think much more drop than you currently have and it's going to start looking very wrong. Are you going to cut the steerer because you really need more drop, or are you cutting the steerer because you don't like the look of the spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks for the compliments! Your Colnagos are beautiful.

Regarding cabling, thanks for the critique. I will definitely attend to the cabling when the new stem/steerer situation is sorted.

And regarding the stem and steerer. My primary reason for a new configuration is not aesthetics. I'm at the absolute maximum number of spacers you're supposed to run on this fork, so I'd like to get well within that range. But I'll admit that aesthetics definitely weigh in here as well. I think what I'll ultimately do is get a new stem that doesn't have a negative drop, so a 100mm or 110mm with a 0 degree angle (+7 would be a little too much rise). I'll then cut the spacers from 40mm to 20mm. The reach and drop would not change much from the current setup.

Lastly, I'm not aware of the drop right now, I can measure it tonight. I can tell you that my fit is on the more upright side at the moment. I've got long legs and long arms, so an additional cm or 2 would not make the fit that extreme for me.

Edit - Just measured and I'm at 8cm of drop at the moment. Had 10cm on my last ride, so I have some room to work with.