cross wind stability of Gen 4 meilenstein

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wayne20

by wayne20

Does anyone have real experience with the behavior of the new Meilensteins in crosswinds? Carbonsports says that the Gen4s have been completely redesigned and now have improved handling in crosswinds due to lower profile and shape. Any real data here?

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

I have Gen III's and they are decent in crosswinds. I also can say the Bora 35 is probably the best in regard to crosswinds, almost no impact from wind. Braking is also beyond impressive.

Oswald

by Oswald

Causidicus wrote:I notice zero difference between gen III and Meilensteins in crosswinds. Both are average. There are far better aero wheelsets if crosswind performance is a deciding factor. Those other wheelsets aren't necessarily better wheelsets but their aero performance is definitely better.

Isn't the aero performance the reason for buying Lightweights? Then why pay such a ridiculous price if others are better?

kgt

by kgt

No it's not the aero. It's everything else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vdrey

by vdrey

Oswald wrote:
Causidicus wrote:I notice zero difference between gen III and Meilensteins in crosswinds. Both are average. There are far better aero wheelsets if crosswind performance is a deciding factor. Those other wheelsets aren't necessarily better wheelsets but their aero performance is definitely better.

Isn't the aero performance the reason for buying Lightweights? Then why pay such a ridiculous price if others are better?

If you want to know why people buy them, look at the name....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk