Tate Labs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spookyload

by spookyload

Ordered a Bar Fly Spoon Garmin Edge mount for my Cinelli Ram stem about two weeks ago. Unique design and I was excited to get my Edge off my stem. After two weeks, I got an email from them saying:

Unfortunately we had an issue with our recent run of the product. In testing we found that the Delrin used in the production was sub standard. This was an issue with our supplier. We're in the process of running another batch. Please stand by and we'll ship your order as soon as we can. We estimate that we'll be shipping parts again about 2 weeks from the time of this email.

Grr...not a big deal, but frustrating. Guess it will be better to get one that works right the first time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

So my question was...anyone deal with these guys directly? I now see them at competitive cyclist for the same price. Should have just ordered it from them and saved the hassle.

nfecyle

by nfecyle

Yes, i did and had good experience. I bought first gen garmin mount, crashed my bike a week later, broke the mount, and they replaced it for free. I only paid for shipping cost.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

spookyload

by spookyload

Good deal. Competitive wouldn't do that for me.

spookyload

by spookyload

Follow up. It has been six weeks and I still haven't received the part. He responded to one email saying they would ship the next Wednesday...two weeks ago. Now communication has ceased. I guess it is time to call the bank and get my money back.

It is a shame these small companies are so poorly managed. I am still waiting for my Camillio GSL micro brakes as well. Those are about four weeks over due. How do these companies stay in business with terrible customer support? I go direct to their website hoping to make them extra money to support small business by cutting out the middle man. Result is two products that are over six weeks in waiting to be delivered.

barrysvt

by barrysvt

I had a near similar experience with the same mount for the Cateye Stealth. Even though the (2) mounts I purchased worked fine............. Tate and Competitive sent me (2) brand new mounts. No returns required. So now I have (4) BarFlys that all work perfect! I would suggest a bit of patience, it may take awhile. These guys seem to just want to get it right.
1956 Rudge Sport
1994 Carbonframes Tetra Pro
(re-branded to Calfee 2006)
2010 Trek Top Fuel
2015 Velovie Vetta
2020 OPEN WI.DE.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

Six weeks later an nothing from Tate. They won't even reply to emails about refunding my money. Now the fact they don't list a phone number, looks like I am out the $40 I spent back in April on an in stock product. Warning from me about them...buy from a retailer and not them. Their online store means nothing and you can't contact them for refunds.