Campagnolo - still the bees knees?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Ha!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

I can't wait until Shimano comes out with their electric shifting/hydraulic braking group.

Then when your brakes blow up, it can shoot hydraulic fluid all over the place and fry your drive train at the same time!

We need something more than First world problems methinks!

Geoff

by Geoff

That's kinda my point. If these are the 'problems', the groups are pretty good, right?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Yea pretty much they are all good if set up right

Building a bike next week with evne 3.4s clinchers and red 22, it'll be one of the first 22 builds in Sydney. You see Liggero I build quite a number of high end bikes. In the last 2 weeks I've rebuilt an 5.5kg r5 with red and lightweights, and this week another rebuild of a moots with Sr and hyperons. So it would seem I have a fair bit of experience with the nicer offerings of the 3 groupset manufactures ;)

Leviathan

by Leviathan

liggeros gone, at least in the current persona. If you like I can disagree with you instead...

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

He's stalking don't you worry'

Stats

by Stats

I've ridden all 3;
Sram I actually liked the shifting and ergos were very good, a little noisy but maybe I was looking for it too, least attractive imo

Campagnolo hoods feel the most comfortable, I think it looks the nicest and build quality is excellent but the thumb shifter when out of the saddle on the hoods or sprinting is too awkward for me, also there are too many trim positions for the fd, brakes are awesome

Shimano has no romance but it looks good, build quality is excellent and now with 9000 it works functionally the best for me.

Nitemare

by Nitemare

80th Anniversary for my De Rosa Titanio

Super Record RS for my De Rosa Corum

Well I'm Campagnolo through and through ... ALWAYS have been for 32 years racing ... :D

skiezo

by skiezo

I was at my LBS today and was informed that Campagnolo may not be offering parts for there shifters in the near future. My LBS owner was informed to stock up on the common parts for most of the shifters like the springs and bushings and such in order to maintain their clients equipment in the future.
If this is true I am not sure but it sure would be a bummer to not have the parts and service available. That is one of the many reasons that I stick with Campagnolo over the other brands.
Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Skiezo

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

No, I have not heard that rumor. It would be a good way to sell more parts.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I'd like to see other companies manufacturing Campag spares, like in the case of Ergopower, things like G-springs and spring retainers. And they might come at better price as well ...

Miller

by Miller

Current version ergo doesn't contain a G spring. It's been known for quite some time now that Campag doesn't offer individual Ergo spares any more but has simplified to parts packages, like complete ergo internals.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Valbrona wrote:I'd like to see other companies manufacturing Campag spares, like in the case of Ergopower, things like G-springs and spring retainers. And they might come at better price as well ...

The parts aren't excessively priced as it is, especially when compared to Shimano.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

A set of sr shifters are half the price of a set of DA shifters

robhall2003

by robhall2003

Irrespective of performance/weight advantages and so on between the various component manufacturers, for me personally there is just something beautiful about Campagnolo products that I do not find any many other brands and certainly not from any of the big competitors. It is that attraction that has me staring at my bike probably more than I ride it! The pleasure I derive from owning and using Campagnolo is as strong today as it was 25 years ago, when as a teenager I built my first bike scraping every last cent together to buy Athena components.

That's my 2 cents worth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com