40th Birthday Dream Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

A couple of setbacks. I need the bb 386 adaptor. The cassette is a 12-27 instead of an 11-27. Both are on their way.

Here are a few progress shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mythical

by mythical

Can't think of a better birthday treat myself. That's starting to look like one sweet ride! :thumbup: When will the public get see the finished bike?
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

If I can get the adaptor tomorrow and a replacement 11-27 cassette or I can keep the 12-27 and source a CK 12t lockring. Also still waiting on the front SR derailleur. If it comes in tomorrow then it should be finished on the day. Really want this completed before the Easter break.

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

such a cool bike, can't wait to see pictures of the finished build

JasperGr

by JasperGr

This is (in my eyes) the best paintjob of the Oltre at the moment, the build looks good! Where did you bought the Ti-Carbon Bolts?

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

JasperGr wrote:This is (in my eyes) the best paintjob of the Oltre at the moment, the build looks good! Where did you bought the Ti-Carbon Bolts?

G'day JasperGr. All the bolts came with the frame. I agree with you on the paint job. Although Celeste/black looks great in the flesh, this carbon frame suits me better.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Looking good...are you able to fit the power unit in the seat tube?

paradawt

by paradawt

O-M-G!!!!

Last edited by paradawt on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Berria Belador 7

Madone69

by Madone69

157.jpg

hiro11

by hiro11

I like every choice you've made, this is indeed a dream bike. I can't imagine what the total cost of this build is going to end up at but I imagine it's an astronomical number relative to other bikes. It's got to be close to $15K just in parts, assuming you paid full retail.

Still, there's clearly no better way to spend money.

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

audiophilitis wrote:Looking good...are you able to fit the power unit in the seat tube?

Haven't tried but I can't see any dramas putting it in yet.

The front DR is STILL missing as well as the wiring from the battery so will hold off installing until they get here.
Wholesaler is giving my LBS the runaround.
Not happy...

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

Madone69 wrote:
157.jpg

That Oltre is all business. How do you like the Zipps? They were on my short list.

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

hiro11 wrote:I like every choice you've made, this is indeed a dream bike. I can't imagine what the total cost of this build is going to end up at but I imagine it's an astronomical number relative to other bikes. It's got to be close to $15K just in parts, assuming you paid full retail.

Still, there's clearly no better way to spend money.

G'day Hiro11, thank you for your comments. Honestly, it isn't much more than buying a complete build except in this case I get to choose exactly what I want.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

If you're able to slip a 27.2 mm seatpost down the top/aero section of the seat tube, you'll be fine.

Hanibal74 wrote:
audiophilitis wrote:Looking good...are you able to fit the power unit in the seat tube?

Haven't tried but I can't see any dramas putting it in yet.

The front DR is STILL missing as well as the wiring from the battery so will hold off installing until they get here.
Wholesaler is giving my LBS the runaround.
Not happy...

Madone69

by Madone69

Hanibal74 wrote:
Madone69 wrote:
157.jpg

That Oltre is all business. How do you like the Zipps? They were on my short list.

the Zipps come off my Madone6.9 (2009) and i only use them for races. they are ok, stiff enough but not overly so( has some flex if you really push it) i would like to be able to go with a lighter set of 40mm but the costs have just gone out of the roof as of late.( the same wheel, though the Firecrest, cost more than double what i paid for them here)

i think its now more down to the legs talking ( thats the problem :oops: )

i like your wheel set, good and solid build should be stiff as well. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com