"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

He is probably one of the least explosive riders ever. Great power for long durations, but I can't recall if he quite has the short duration strength of some of the other favorites. My crude analogy is that its probably like Boardman, who apparently couldn't break 1,000w, but obviously was a gangster at longer efforts.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wingguy

by wingguy

djconnel wrote:Haussler's been rather anonymous this year. The bike is the opposite: very nice. Any more info? What model frame is that?

Looks like a standard Addict to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

OK picking Boonen again for Paris-Roubaix,
He was 35 seconds out at Flanders so he must be in good shape. :D

And I'm picking Contador to win the 2014 Tour. might as well get my vote in early. :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

But who will win the 2014 Tour in 2015?

Stefano

by Stefano

I totally disagree on the talent/doping thing- sometimes after a big injury, you never do really recover. I have more than a few friends who suffered early sports-related injuries that were just never the same afterwards. Could be partially due to mental adjustment/ blocks, but breaking your pelvis is not a small matter.

Furthermore, even if the reason he isn't winning now isn't his injury but because he's trying to race clean, shouldn't we be supportive of that? He's still in the group, he finished 20th in the tour for goodness sake. That's a comeback in my book. You can't compare him to former, and almost assuredly current, dopers like Contador and Valverde, it's not really a fair fight. Go Andy!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HammerTime2 wrote:But who will win the 2014 Tour in 2015?

Yo mama. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

boysa

by boysa

Stefano wrote: Go Andy!

I can't believe it, but I think agree. I might actually start rooting for the guy.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Poor Chris Horner, hope he'll be ready to race at least the Vuelta. Those roads around Como are so dangerous, I'd like to know how many cyclists are injured/killed every year in that area.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I was looking forward to watching Horner make the Schleck Factory Team regret their hiring choices. Now this accident. Chris seems to have terrible luck, yet always manages to bounce back. I hope this doesn't end his season or career.

Interesting discussion above regarding A. Schleck and his inability to return to championship form following injury. I know he cracked his pelvis, but others have recovered from similar injuries to return to the top. And, doping aside, Floyd Landis returned from a hip replacement to "win" the Tour. PEDs or no, you have to be a special kind of tough to complete a 3-week tour with an artificial hip... regardless of final placing. I believe Andy is simply off the juice and can't compete without it. My opinion...

Best wishes to Travis Meyer for a full and speedy recovery as well. He is in bad shape after being struck by a car while riding.

TiG

by TiG

Details from Drapac regarding Travis Meyer incident.
http://www.drapaccycling.com/travis-mey ... -incident/

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Nikki Temptra does it at P-R.
Boonen could not do it since he's a team mate a probably wasn't as strong enough.

KWalker

by KWalker

Stefano wrote:I totally disagree on the talent/doping thing- sometimes after a big injury, you never do really recover. I have more than a few friends who suffered early sports-related injuries that were just never the same afterwards. Could be partially due to mental adjustment/ blocks, but breaking your pelvis is not a small matter.

Furthermore, even if the reason he isn't winning now isn't his injury but because he's trying to race clean, shouldn't we be supportive of that? He's still in the group, he finished 20th in the tour for goodness sake. That's a comeback in my book. You can't compare him to former, and almost assuredly current, dopers like Contador and Valverde, it's not really a fair fight. Go Andy!

Considering how many better riders couldn't get contracts this year no, I do not give a shit if he is bad because he is clean. Someone else deserves that cash more. I know he was injured, but that doesn't explain the fact that he was sucking before those injuries.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

efeballi

by efeballi

Great win by Terpstra, no one could/would follow him when he attacked.
Boonen spent too much trying to make the break with Hushovd succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

IMO we have the best classic season in years. apart from maybe MSR all the races were very enjoyable and somehow surprising in the outcome. i was hoping for a bunch finish this year (sadly Terpstra ruined that one :lol:) nevertheless since the Arenberg i was on the edge of my cushy armchair. a truly great spectacle :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

KWalker

by KWalker

Degenkolb and Wiggins were super impressive. Wiggo went from the back of the lead group to bridging the gap and then smashing on the front in a matter of 10km. Dude looked great on the cobbles despite all the crap talked about his "body type". Thomas also showed some strength, but EBH was nowhere as usual. I wouldn't be surprised if either Degenkolb or Wiggo won it in the future.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com