Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mize

by Mize

Put my name down, I want one (zero offset seat post for my AR1) yesterday! Just got back from 330 miles and 35k ft of climbing around Helen, GA.

Bike was a dream.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Anyone in Europe got the AR1 yet? Seriously hoping mine arrives this week.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stefano

by Stefano

Sorry for the OT, but...

@Mize- I was just in Helen a few weeks ago!! How are the road conditions on hogpen and brasstown? They were really scary with gravel when I was there. How did the bike track on the descents?

Stefano

Mize

by Mize

The back side of hogpen is a bit gravely (though I still hit fifty), but the front is butter. I vastly prefer doing six gaps backwards and hitting Brasstown early then coming down the butter side of Hogpen. Brasstown is still messy for descending. Otherwise roads were sweet. Weather was upper 70s with one cooler day. Did Tellico Plains on the way home too (River route). Great week. The bike descends like a demon. The wind can catch it a bit, but at 167 lbs it's not a problem.

Stefano

by Stefano

Nice! Yeah I think did the 6 gap ride the same way, the back side of hogpen is just so brutal though!! Sounds like a fun week. Biggest question- did you brake on the unicoi descent back towards town? :)

Mize

by Mize

Do you mean the Unicoi outbound descent? If so I rode that a few times but I'm like 70th on Strava at only 34.1 mph (top speed is 41.8) so I'm sure I tapped them a time or two ;)

Stefano

by Stefano

Yeah, that one :) probably my favorite descent in all of everything ever! Almost made me want to succumb to peer pressure and get a strava haha.

gdherrera

by gdherrera

Mize wrote:Quick update on my AR1:
LOVE the bike. I have three races on it (one podium, two points) and it's a massive upgrade over my Tarmac. Only downside is the LBS I purchase from hosed up all kinds of things. B-screw? Wrong, thanks for that chain suck! Rear d. cable? Too tight so H limit set wrong and couldn't be set properly without adjusting the cable. Every single bolt with a torque spec? Wrong, wrong, wrong. Proper grease on the crankset/BB? Wrong, nice creak, guess I had twenty minutes to kill there too. If anyone has any ideas what else I should check for, please let me know. They even managed to crank the tube-valve nuts (who uses those?) so tight that even they couldn't remove them and had to cut the tube out. Sheesh. How do you do that?

So in sum: amazing bike, terrible LBS build.

...and this is why i do all my own work, I don't trust anyone to work on my bikes.
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

liketoride

by liketoride

Superdave thanks for everything, just picked up the bike today. will let everyone know how it goes once i get it all put together. Thanks again.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Where abouts are you liketoride? I'm still waiting here in Scotland, been assured that the frame is in the UK just waiting on it leaving the distributor in south of England.

Porkinson

by Porkinson

mitchgixer6, did they say yours is definitely here? I got told this:

"A large container arrived thursday, which they started unpacking friday - was told to ring back
on monday

As I know you are aware, all of us Felt dealers are in the same boat at the moment! so they
will unpack and log everything in, then send it all out - will hopefully get a firmer answer on
Monday!"

I also had an Ar3R on order at Evans for a test ride but after about a month of pushing it back they rang and said they aren't getting any at all.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

I was told the same that the container had arrived on dry land and once they had sorted through all the bikes/frames (1800 odd I was told) they would begin to ship. This was during a phone conversation with my dealer and I didn't have a very good line, but I was sure he said they were in the country (UK).

Were you told the frames were in Germany?

Porkinson

by Porkinson

Yeah the shipment arrived in the UK but they've had problems with over allocation so until they are all unpacked and logged there's still a chance they will say sorry we didn't get enough. :(

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

There is that chance I suppose. When did you order your frame? I put my order in at the end of November and to be honest if I'm told next week I'm not getting one in this shipment I'll be cancelling my order. I have faith in my dealer though to come good with the frame though!

I've already had to ride 2 races this year so far on my winter bike.....

Porkinson

by Porkinson

After you, sometime in January for the AR1. About a month ago for the AR3 as soon as it hit Evan's database.

I'm thinking about not racing mine, at least in crits. Seen more crashes than ever this year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com