Tillquist's kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

strangely

by strangely

Given the soon to be released Garmin Edge 1000, are there any plans to offer a longer mount, or maybe a shim that could be added with longer bolts? Based on the dimensions posted for the 1000, it looks like it won't fit the current mount.

Also seeing as though the 1000 will support landscape view, it might be a good idea to rethink the mount perhaps to allow for this?

Somewhere up the thread, somebody posted a picture of their Di2 junction box mounted on there. I did something similar with tie wraps, but it would also be nice to see an option for this that would be something more elegant than either approach?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

strangely wrote:Given the soon to be released Garmin Edge 1000, are there any plans to offer a longer mount, or maybe a shim that could be added with longer bolts? Based on the dimensions posted for the 1000, it looks like it won't fit the current mount.

Also seeing as though the 1000 will support landscape view, it might be a good idea to rethink the mount perhaps to allow for this?

Somewhere up the thread, somebody posted a picture of their Di2 junction box mounted on there. I did something similar with tie wraps, but it would also be nice to see an option for this that would be something more elegant than either approach?

I'm thinking about an Garmin Edge 1000 mount, but I must first even have bought a Garmin Edge 1000 my self before I can make a mount that fits it.

I also thought of landscape mount the Edge in 1000 and has reached that I could make a mount where you have to use the original plastic insert from Garmin OUT-FRONT mount, it can then be mounted in my mount and could be rotated 90 degrees as well.
See all my bike h e r e

kode54

by kode54

Tillquist wrote:
strangely wrote:Given the soon to be released Garmin Edge 1000, are there any plans to offer a longer mount, or maybe a shim that could be added with longer bolts? Based on the dimensions posted for the 1000, it looks like it won't fit the current mount.

I'm thinking about an Garmin Edge 1000 mount, but I must first even have bought a Garmin Edge 1000 my self before I can make a mount that fits it.

I also thought of landscape mount the Edge in 1000 and has reached that I could make a mount where you have to use the original plastic insert from Garmin OUT-FRONT mount, it can then be mounted in my mount and could be rotated 90 degrees as well.

sounds like a great idea. can't wait.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Lewis

by Lewis

Tillquist - I know I previously asked for a Garmin mount, but could you make a similar style of mount for a cateye? Many people have these too so would be a good seller I think.

I have a barfly out in front mount for my new stealth, but it's not very neat, and doesn't sit level with the stem from the side (despite that it looks level in this picture)

This looks so much better (on a side note, does anyone know what model this Garmin is?):

2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

kode54

by kode54

Lewis wrote:Tillquist - I know I previously asked for a Garmin mount, but could you make a similar style of mount for a cateye? Many people have these too so would be a good seller I think.

I have a barfly out in front mount for my new stealth, but it's not very neat, and doesn't sit level with the stem from the side (despite that it looks level in this picture)

This looks so much better (on a side note, does anyone know what model this Garmin is?):

that looks like a Garmin Edge 810 with silicone cover on it.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Lewis wrote:Tillquist - I know I previously asked for a Garmin mount, but could you make a similar style of mount for a Cateye...

No, only mount for Garmin Edge computer.
See all my bike h e r e

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Tillquist, just wanted to thank you again for your support on the mount for the Syntace stem.
The slight drilling out of the 24mm Garmin mount to fit the M6 bolts combined with some M6x30mm narrow head ti bolts from Toronto Cycles worked quite well!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

My mount arrived today for my 3T ARX Ltd. What a great bit of kit!

Tillquist

by Tillquist

New mount coming soon......
See all my bike h e r e

Lewis

by Lewis

Nice. Did I also hear you're making a cateye one? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tillquist wrote:Image

Long enough to take the 1000?
Using Tapatalk

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Nefarious86 wrote:
Tillquist wrote:Image

Long enough to take the 1000?

Nope, but i have made A version for Edge 1000.
See all my bike h e r e

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Nice :) how much for one to suit an edge 1000 for both the superlogic and an S-works SL stem?

( http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/ro ... ander-plug )
Using Tapatalk

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Nefarious86 wrote:Nice :) how much for one to suit an edge 1000 for both the superlogic and an S-works SL stem?

( http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/ro ... ander-plug )

Send me A email :-)
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Tillquist wrote:Nope, but i have made A version for Edge 1000.

are you going to use the plastic insert this time for the new 1000?

also, since it is thinner, will you make it sit higher? like flush to the top of the stem instead of the middle?

would like to see what you plan for the Enve stems.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc