"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Agreed Micky. GVA seems to be in a great shape this year, and I really hope he can put that to (further) good use. He seems to get more freedom at BMC now, the other "galacticos" have been falling behind expectations a big.

That said, the way Cancellara won with everyone marking him is also a great feat, and lends credence to his announcement that he knows how to win this race.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

I want GVA to get a win so badly because he is always so damn close.

I also do not think Fabian has a match for P-R. Van Marcke cannot outsprint him, Boonen was off form and OPQS couldn't capitalize, SKY is always MIA in the finale, and GVA somehow never wins.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

impressive ride by GVA. I thought for sure he would be absolutely cooked after being out front for so long, but he was still attacking and giving his all in the last 2ks.

szymonef

by szymonef

Alberto's playing :)

ave

by ave

In Roubaix Cancellara can be very good, and might still not have a chance. Like Stybar last year, or Hushovd in 2009.
And there are the 2011 turn of events.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

quite the ride by Alberto today.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:I want GVA to get a win so badly because he is always so damn close.

i like GVA too!

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Disappointed to read Sky have pulled the plug on Porte for the Giro. Was looking forward to him getting a crack at a GT.

Amazing the difference from one year to another. Contador sure is going well and sure is fun to watch before the cheesey celebrations begin.

maquisard

by maquisard

Pharmacology moves on...

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

I had cash on GVA to win, gutted he didn't do it, was a great ride.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Seems like Fabs can only lose by some negative racing aka 2011; I really hope OPQS brings it to Roubaix, hopefully they race with a little smarter and put their best up the road.

Also Masquisard what does your comment mean?

micky

by micky

He's trying to move the topic about pro's and pro's tech into pro's doping (he's talking about Contador). :wink:

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Just watched the last 15 min of the Pais Vasco stage. Doping or not, there was an obvious difference between Contador and the rest. He looked in complete control at all times, riding at high cadence, attacking on the steep slopes as always, descending well, and keeping speed with ease in the last 2km. Valverde on the other hand, seemed to struggle to maintain speed after his attack, was throwing the bike all over the place, and was having a hard time keeping cadence at the end.
Great racing and very exciting!

KWalker

by KWalker

petepeterson wrote:Disappointed to read Sky have pulled the plug on Porte for the Giro. Was looking forward to him getting a crack at a GT.

Amazing the difference from one year to another. Contador sure is going well and sure is fun to watch before the cheesey celebrations begin.

I'm not. Richie Porte is not very consistent and IMO can't repeatedly put out the type of performances over and over again in a 3 week Grand Tour that are needed to be more than a support rider. We saw that last year at the Tour and, while he was young, a few years back at the Giro. I can't see him every winning a Grand Tour.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

You might be correct but how do you know for sure if he has ridden every GT in support since the 2010 giro? Not like i'm a huge fan was more stoked to see how we would go as leader and in general for a deeper start list.

Is Ryder doing/targeting the Giro? It's funny how quiet Garmin has been with him in the media following the Chicken outing. Last year is was weekly updates now I guess they are trying to limit expectations and pressure?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com