Sram Red 22 cassette with Campagnolo Super Record system

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello,

I've read in Velonews that a sram 11v cassette works with a super record 11v system. I would like to know if anyone as this setup.
It's cheaper to change the cassette (sram red 22) and a shimano freewheel for the Lightweights, than buy a super record cassette.

Let me know.
Best regards
Nuno

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i've done the reverse. shimano 11 speed with campy wheel. works fine no problem. i used a campy chain.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

It will work but personally I would not be comparing to a SR cassette.

Chorus are just as good and longer lasting.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello are you saying the shift quality isn't as good as super record????

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

chorus and super record cassette shift quality is the same. just SR is lighter with the ti cogs and will wear faster than steel cogs.

emorydptt

by emorydptt

mike wrote:chorus and super record cassette shift quality is the same. just SR is lighter with the ti cogs and will wear faster than steel cogs.

Additionally, a significant price savings chorus vs SR.
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

Voye

by Voye

I am using Athena, Chorus and Record 11 groups with Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Cassettes on 2 set of wheels and shifting and performance is on par with my other wheels with Chorus cassettes. I am using and have used KMC, Ultegra, Sram and Campagnolo chains as well, no problem. Can't see why a Sram cassettes would be different.
Ultegra Cassettes are way cheaper than any others out there, including Sram. Probably not as durable but will see. I may try Sram if I can find as good a deal as the Ultegra.

Cheers

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello,
I know that super record cassette with Kmc works great, that is my current setup, but what I want to know is if anyone is using red 22 cassette with super record and how is the shift quality.
Super record cassette is almost 300€ (I live in Europe) sram red 22 and shimano freewheel for lightweight is 250€, and 50g lighter. Will I be loosing shift quality?
Best regards

wingguy

by wingguy

elfuinha wrote:It's cheaper to change the cassette (sram red 22) and a shimano freewheel for the Lightweights, than buy a super record cassette.

How much is the freehub? You can get a SR11 cassette from about £30 more than Red22. You can get Record or Chorus a lot cheaper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

showdown

by showdown

I'm running 2 SRAM Red 22 cassettes with my Di2 Dura Ace and have found no problems whatsoever- shifting is perfect and very very quiet. The cassettes are a cinch to remove and clean which of course is a bonus. I didn't pay retail for them so that was another benefit but I can't see why anyone wouldn't consider them.