"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

petepeterson

by petepeterson

You've gotta love Pozzato's insta account. He kinda reminds me of my 20yr old cousin's social networking habits but a great window into the life. Yeah he hasn't won a lot but impressively consistent over RVV and PR over the last decade.

What is up with EBH? Pretty quiet the past couple years?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

Yeah, http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsf ... d-tour-win

And Kimmage thinks it's because he isn't doping like the other Sky guys.

ave

by ave

The problem I see with Pozzato, is that his instagam is only of any interest, because he is supposed to be a good cyclist. But is he? He is a wasted talent, it's so bad to see him wasting his talent. He got the benefits of being a good pro, he has the Ferrari and lots of travel, etc. but just doesn't take the sport seriously enough.
I don't mind him winning, actually I'd like to him win more and bigger races.

jockster

by jockster

ave wrote:he has the Ferrari

The doctor, car or both?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

This guy knows a lot about the tour of Flanders

Johan Museeuw still in top shape for his age.

3x 1st
3x 2nd
3x 3rd
15x top 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMmzLXCDMMw

Hard to pick a winner in 2014 since

Cancellara
Sagan
Boonen
Hagan

All in shape to win it. It will come down to some bad luck and timing.
The Koppenberg is 42Km from the finish so a well time attack that guy can stay away.

I'm picking Boonen he's due for a win.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

munk93

by munk93

My bet for the favorites goes to Sagan. Last year he wasn't strong enough for Cancellara at the Paterberg. This year I believe he got it dialed in.
In case the favorites forgot their luck, my outside bet goes to Paulini. I was lucky enough to pick Kristoff for San Remo, so I'm going with Katusha again. The scenario could be that Sagan won't hit the luck (Crash, mechanical, Only way I see Cancellara getting away without him), Paulini going in a breakaway some place near Kobbenberg. Cancellara going solo on Oude Kwarremont or Paterberg. Paulini out front gets on his wheel, as lone survivor from the break, and takes him in the sprint. 8)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

For those of you that are sticklers for frames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJVYYhhYi8
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

KWalker

by KWalker

ave wrote:The problem I see with Pozzato, is that his instagam is only of any interest, because he is supposed to be a good cyclist. But is he? He is a wasted talent, it's so bad to see him wasting his talent. He got the benefits of being a good pro, he has the Ferrari and lots of travel, etc. but just doesn't take the sport seriously enough.
I don't mind him winning, actually I'd like to him win more and bigger races.

I don't think his account portrays a waste of talent. You have to be kidding me if you think us regular Joes wouldn't buy a sweet car, especially if we had his money and lived in Monaco. Most of the photos are of him doing pretty normal things- eating decent food, lots of pictures with his parents, he travels for training/sponsor purposes quite a lot, and doesn't post only about boring shit like his rides.

At this point I am so sick of hearing about doping and all these details about how hard it is to come up and how cycling is basically awful in a lot of ways. Its nice to see someone actually enjoying themselves for once.

To me he wasn't wasted and someone has to come second to Boonen and Fabian. Compared to them he is just 1 step below and very few riders in history could ever match them. Pozzato still has a better record than 98% of classics riders. It was really impressive seeing him get 2nd in Flanders a few years ago when he had basically no team and both Ballan and Boonen had strong, high dollar squads.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Cancellara takes Flanders! :podium:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I wouldn't want to play poker with Cancellara after watching that. Masterful!

Vanmarcke was the strongest in the race, Fabian knew it, and wore him out making him chase the attacks. Genius.

fa63

by fa63

What a great rider, he played that out perfect at the end.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

That was an awesome race!

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Pretty tough to know how 'serious' he is based on his insta. It's not like he's out partying every night on there. Regardless, I see him like Voigt. A guy with some substance who doesn't win that much but makes it interesting. Cycling needs more characters like Pozzato, Voigt, and god even Tommy V even if they are not winning. Brings something people can relate to it better than a bunch of robots that train,sleep and occasionally eat. Finales like today are no doubt thrilling but one of the sport's biggest problems is that bike racing is just boring for most people 95% of the time.

KB

by KB

Flanders was one of the best classics I've seen in a long time. Cancellara played it perfectly, but I did feel for Vanmarcke; huge respect for his ride.

hna

by hna

KWalker wrote: I don't think his account portrays a waste of talent. You have to be kidding me if you think us regular Joes wouldn't buy a sweet car, especially if we had his money and lived in Monaco. Most of the photos are of him doing pretty normal things- eating decent food, lots of pictures with his parents, he travels for training/sponsor purposes quite a lot, and doesn't post only about boring shit like his rides.

Someone commented on one of Tom Boonen's Instagram pictures that he should post more bike pictures. Boonen told him that he wasn't interested in posting pictures that could easily be found on any cycling media website. I like that the riders show more of their life when they are off the bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com