"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

It's Greg Henderson, recently out due to injury and long build back up here in Aussie and NZ.
Second owns and still races Lightweights when able to (Previous year's NZ champs he was on them).

At the Tour of Beijing there were rumours going around the peloton....

stage 1

Of course he doesn't explicitly say he was there.

deltree

by deltree

carbon2329 wrote:What happened there? Did he get an empty bottle? or forget he already had one?

You'll see teams with the riders initials on top of the bottle, Sky use different coloured mouth pieces to differentiate between water and energy drink. So I'm guessing he got a bottle not meant for him or he wanted something different to what was inside it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

What do you think about Niki's pedal problem today?
If I were him, I think I would continued to pedal (just pushing on top of pedal body) and gain speed, and try to clip in when already travelling at a higher speed.
But maybe it's just adrenaline and everything, and he didn't think.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

For once he would be better off using speedplays. Still a little awkward to unclip on a starting podium.

deltree

by deltree

ave wrote:What do you think about Niki's pedal problem today?
If I were him, I think I would continued to pedal (just pushing on top of pedal body) and gain speed, and try to clip in when already travelling at a higher speed.
But maybe it's just adrenaline and everything, and he didn't think.

Getting out of the saddle would definitely bring you up to speed faster, not something I'd be trying to do without being 100% certain I'm clipped-in. Also he may have been thinking about calling for the spare bike off the team car if he couldn't sort it, which would be annoying to accelerate and then come to a stop to switch.

If you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-3216AlVU

KWalker

by KWalker

Things we know about TSP:
-He has raced on Cole Wheels. This should definitely narrow down the number of past teams he raced for.
-He has raced on Zipps.
-He didn't do the Vuelta.
-He doesn't ride Sram (which he made fun of in an article)
-He rode TdU, Amstel, Tour of Turkey, didn't specify if he rode the Giro, rode the Tour, and did not ride the Vuelta.
-Makes references to things that happened on Argos-Shimano (Degenkolb giving gifts, the police motorbike story).
-Sounds like he rides di2.
-Implies he rode Roubaix
-Raced in Canada before Worlds

Should be enough to narrow down the list of Aussies.

Based on this list it cannot be: Gerrans, Clarke, Henderson, O'Grady, Hansen, or Tanner. KdK is the only logical one if the rider is an Aussie.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Super Brad

by Super Brad

I'm 90% certain Wade has mentioned the stories came from multiple pros and then were edited to seem like one?
Can't remember where i saw this. Sorry

ave

by ave

I'm pretty sure there're some false clues in the text. That's what I would do as a ghostwriter anyway.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Never made much of Pozzato, but CN's recent piece about him showed the human behind the athlete quite well. One of their better writeups.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, I have to say that I really liked Freibe's 2009 piece on him (regardless of what I think he's done or not done).

On to PRO kit, looks like Kristoff has gotten a one piece Ritchey bar/stem for 1 1/4! DADDY WANTS THIS NOW!!! :lol:

Also, velosnooze keeps on mis-identifying people rebadged tubulars as Vittoria. They're obviously Veloflex Arenbergs. :roll:

KWalker

by KWalker

Pozzato has the best Instagram of any pro cyclist. I could give a shit less what he has done or will do in cycling, he rules in my book.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Deffo my point, KW. That piece on him when he was a Flouro was cool. He's a craftsman of his sport, but refuses to conform to what a cyclist is 'supposed' to be. He admits his errors of youth and has come back determined. Respect.

Chadwick890

by Chadwick890

You know what ive taken from the Three days of Panne.
Modolos sprint! ITS SHIT!
If i had to make a bet on him holding his line or the twist and turns of Alp Duez. Id choose Alp Duez.
His sprinting starts on one side of the road. Goes to the other. Then finishes in the middle!

Like legit, CAV has be penalised for lest then that and yet he gets away with it. DAFAQ IS THIS UCI!?!??!?

GOD ITS INFURIATING!

ave

by ave

I didn't hear (read) the others complain.
In the 2nd stage, Demare was cleverly blocked by Modolo's teammate, then Modolo blocked the others, again, cleverly.
It was clever. He is not as strong as Kittel, Demare, but still managed to beat them. That's clever.

The others should not have waited that long.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Leviathan wrote: stories heard through a plethora of grapevine sources and claiming as "truth"

Agreed - I think this could very well be the case.