Gabba alternatives?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I'm going to get me one of those Decathlon Tribord diving/snorkeling jerseys to go along with my Gabba LS. It was mentioned in the other Gabba thread.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=115656&hilit=gabba&start=60

Does anyone know about the sizing of those? I'm a Castelli L, sometimes M for jerseys and vests when I'm after a really snug fit.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Giordana G-Shield jersey although I don't know if it's windproof.
I have one but did'n try it yet.
(Same as Vermarc Aqua-zero)
http://www.apgcycling.com/en/giordana/u ... lente-uomo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I got a Decathlon Tribord in medium, and it's labelled as a 92-95cm chest, which is about right.
I wear L in a Campagnolo jersey, medium in Endura/DHB stuff, but don't have any Castelli for a direct comparison.
The Triboard fits neat and snug, tending towards a bit of compression, but I've not ridden in it yet to see how well that fit works in practice for neoprene.

Geoff

by Geoff

I didn't 'get' what the big deal was with the Gabba...until I got some from Garmin. They are worth whatever they charge. Just get it. You won't be disappointed.

Marin

by Marin

Any new products worth adding here?
I've seen a blurb about the Parentini Mossa, but it's even more expensive than the Gabba...

Didn't any of the more affordable brands come out with something similar in the meantime?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Marin: I'm going to mention the Castelli Confronto. It is the most underrated piece of kit I have ever had. A jacket of course, but the cut is nice and trim, and the protection is fantastic. There are big zip vents, what more could you ask for? Oh right, it is relatively affordable compared to "high end" stuff. But it works. For a rainy race during warmer times of the year? Gabba no doubt. For everything else, Confronto.

naylor343

by naylor343

Get a copy of last weeks cycling weekly, they did a review of the gabba2 and all the alternatives from other manufacturers. Interestingly the decathlon b'twin 900 came out pretty well at a cost of £49.99. A review of the b'twin jacket is available on there website, but the whole article is not yet on line.

Edit: Sorry, just read OP again and see you were interested in short sleeve, this article features almost entirely long sleeve.

Marin

by Marin

Now if only decathlon would ship to Austria :(

rjk8

by rjk8

There is no Gabba alternative. Pfffft
R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/

nickl

by nickl

I read a review (somewhere? Wish I could find it) of the Sportful "Fiandre No Rain" range. The reviewer said it somewhat similar, but better than the Gabba, but I don't remember if they had a long sleeved version. It's not 100% waterproof, but stops the wind, just like the Gabba.

Sportful should have the same tech as Castelli.

knef

by knef

I'm using a Café Du Cycliste alternative called "Josette". Completely waterproof. Great fit. Only available in short sleeve, though.

http://www.cafeducycliste.com/en/produc ... ot-etanche

micky

by micky

As I wrote there are alternatives, they are just popping around.