lightweight spoke magnets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The only issue I have had with deal extreme is there slow shipping. It did show up, but I'm glad I was not in a hurry.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I used to have one of the Tune magnets, but it fell off, even when super glued to the spoke. I'll give some of these 3x3x1 a go as a back up as the current one I've got on is rather ugly looking

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

dx.com (dealextreme) is great to deal with, but... as mentioned, it takes a while to get stuff from them.

I order from them when time is no issue at all (3-6 weeks)(maybe more, I'm not sure).

By the time I get my dx stuff, I've usually forgotten I ordered it! I have never had a problem with any of the many orders I've made with them over the years. I've grown to trust their reviews.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

sungod wrote:i use 3x3x1 on a spoke, either glue (superglue gel, or epoxy) or electrical tape works fine

Have you got a picture of how it looks on the spoke with glue?

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks for the feedback on DX marketplace. don't really need that many... anyone have a spare one i can have? :)

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Superglueing the magnet directly to the spoke didn't work for me, so I secured it to the spoke by tightly wrapping a 2mm wide strip of electrical tape around it, then lightly spread superglue over it. No issues - 6 months+