Slamthatstem style dust cover

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dogg

by dogg

its a shame the shipping for the zodiac cap is so ridiculous, they're proper quality pieces.

maybe try emailing him and see if he can work out some more affordable shipping

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

loco2546

by loco2546

Get 8 mm is Very low and light .! And is CARBON .! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loco2546

by loco2546

Just type conical spacers on eBay . It will pop right up .!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

canbakay wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote: my Graal

Nice! Do you have a thread for that in the introduction?

Popped some shots up in the TT gallery thread, no one seemed interested...

I'll get an Intro happening.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Yes you are right, there is a quite good choice of low conical spacers out there. The only problem is all of them come in bigger diameters than I need and the lowest one 7mm will add about 6mm to the hight I have now.
There is absolutely no issues with runnig upper bearings without any cover, it's just the matter of aesthetics.

veloflyte
in the industry

by veloflyte

drmutley wrote:
grover wrote:http://veloflyte.com/ultra_low_stack_height_carbon_fiber_integrated_headset_dust_shields

Out of stock/doesn't make them no more/not a nice guy to deal with

Any others?

Production was halted to retool. Now instead of finishing the items by hand, I have a CNC machine do that part. It's more accurate and much less time consuming. Now instead of being able to produce tens per week, I can produce hundreds. The Standard Dust Shield is available again in Plain Weave and Unidirectional carbon. Numerous people have asked for the CAAD10 unit, so that is the next specially shaped dust shield that I will reintroduce. Soon after that I'll reintroduce the Top Cap in an updated shape.

drmutley

by drmutley

veloflyte wrote:
drmutley wrote:
grover wrote:http://veloflyte.com/ultra_low_stack_height_carbon_fiber_integrated_headset_dust_shields

Out of stock/doesn't make them no more/not a nice guy to deal with

Any others?

Production was halted to retool. Now instead of finishing the items by hand, I have a CNC machine do that part. It's more accurate and much less time consuming. Now instead of being able to produce tens per week, I can produce hundreds. The Standard Dust Shield is available again in Plain Weave and Unidirectional carbon. Numerous people have asked for the CAAD10 unit, so that is the next specially shaped dust shield that I will reintroduce. Soon after that I'll reintroduce the Top Cap in an updated shape.

Thanks for the reply..,
If your processing of orders now are more reliable and courteous than my past order with u then I'll consider placing an order....

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

veloflyte
in the industry

by veloflyte

Causidicus wrote:
veloflyte wrote:Soon after that I'll reintroduce the Top Cap in an updated shape.

What's wrong with the old shape?

I was considering offering both the original Top Cap and a flatter version. 3 people has asked for a flatter top cap from me some time ago.
The original shape is extramely light weight however....the lightest possible really. The new flatter version I am working on will be a very small amount heavier...probably less than a gram.....but this is Weight Weenies...so every gram counts.

veloflyte
in the industry

by veloflyte

dogg wrote:its a shame the shipping for the zodiac cap is so ridiculous, they're proper quality pieces.

maybe try emailing him and see if he can work out some more affordable shipping

Shipping is extremely expensive nowadays. I used to ship and item to Europe for less than $4. Now the absolute minimum is $9.45..!
I'm not sure if it's entirely due to increased fuel costs. The postal worker unions might be part of the problem. As of a year ago, the U.S. postal service was in debt by 9 billion dollars..!

1415chris

by 1415chris

What are the dimensions of Cervelo S5 cup?

Or maybe somebody knows, if S5 dust cup would fit R5 (external diameter 45mm)?
Last edited by 1415chris on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I am looking for one with an outside diameter of 48mm. I've found a hens tooth while looking though.

Otter

by Otter

I've got a Veloflyte one on my Super Acciaio because I had to drop my seat about 5mm after a knee injury. It wasn't hard to deal with at all and service was fully reasonable for the size of his operation. I'm happy enough with it that I'm ordering an other one for my track bike.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

I emailed the guy that makes them, as im in NZ, he was bloody good to deal with, maybe give him a go, im not sure how many he had left though....

ianschon@gmail.com

Ian was great to deal with, good luck!
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

1415chris

by 1415chris

How long did it take to reach your address after the payment was made to veloflyte?
I paid more than 3 weeks ago and there is no sign of the dust cover.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com