Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Catbill,
Thanks for the reply. I actually bought my Masterlight and my C59 from a dealer in the UK. My C50 was purchased in the U.S.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topgun06

by topgun06

nobrakes71 wrote:Regarding C60 bottom bracket: I have a campy chorus group waiting for the frame (can't justify a SR, and although it would be nice). The cups are the ones for the C59. What cups do I need to buy to fit the cranckset in the C60?

Would be good to have a clear idea on this. Mike has just emailed me saying that he is set to receive the first C60s today and that he may have a better idea on the bottom bracket requirements later.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

We're going to get our hands on a C60 frameset in the workshop on Wednesday (2 April)

If anyone wants any specific photos taking - or specific questions asked - then send us an e-mail and we'll get that sorted for you

regards

ianSWBB

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ianswbb: you've been a great source in this thread and I'm sure anyone following this thread would love to see the details. Why don't you just photograph the hell out of it when you get it and post them up here for all to see. Specifically, I want to see everything and every detail. Maybe even unthread the whole threadfit piece from the frame and show us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

topgun06

by topgun06

Yes, the bottom bracket is the key piece I would be interested in seeing. How it all works, which cups are required etc...

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@calnago - I have just fitted a new microSD card to the SWBB workshop camera - it says there are 2135 photos available to be taken :D

@topgun06 - no problems - we've been waiting to have good look at the BB ourselves!

regards

ianSWBB

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

ianSWBB wrote:@calnago - I have just fitted a new microSD card to the SWBB workshop camera - it says there are 2135 photos available to be taken :D

ianSWBB

Get busy, fill it up! :lol:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

markyboy wrote:@ Calnago What headset did it come with acros?as my 2014 came with the the other headset.
And yes that looks like a c60 fork I don't think my 2014 fork is like that I will have a look

Markyboy, sorry, I missed your question. No, this frame did not come with the Acros headset either. And that's fine with me, as I don't like that system as much. The tiny allen screw used to "wedge" the two pieces between the stem and the headset just seems like it would be too easy to come loose with all the jarring etc that the front end takes. When installing these systems, I just leave the screw doing nothing, so that the two pieces are on top of each other with no gap, and take the slack out of the system from above the stem then use the stem bolts to hold everything in place. Effectively making it work like the previous system. If it's loose enough to start with that when turning the bolt on the Acros system a gap is created between the two wedge surfaces, it just means a dust and dirt trap is created; don't like that. Perhaps they saved a couple grams with this system, but I don't like it.

However, the headset it did come with, was of the older type... same expander plug etc., but... it was metal (not carbon) and was a single solid tallish (16mm) headset cover. I haven't seen this one before. The type I'm used to has two covers, a short one, and a tall one, so you have a choice of two heights... the 7mm shorter one or, simply by putting the taller cap over top, the 16mm. Not sure why they did that, I guess it's a bit cheaper or they just had that one handy when they were packing the bits, etc. Don't know.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Oh, by the way, the new fork which I pictured a few posts above and which I believe to be a c60 fork, weighs 440 grams uncut. The regular C59 fork weighs 384 grams uncut. There was a youtube video a while back of a guy in some shop going over the changes to the 2014 C59. He casually mentions they beefed up the front fork and rear stays, but I wasn't convinced that he knew for sure.
I see absolutely no difference between the rear ends of prior C59s and this 2014 model in front of me. But the fork, on this frame at least, is completely different. I believe @Markyboy has a 2014 C59, but I believe his came with the standard fork.

As to comments about C59.5 or whatever... this is not uncommon at all during changeover years. The C60 fork does not look out of place on a C59 and I welcome it's added clearance. It fits perfectly with the headtube.

That's kind of how my EPQ evolved. I actually ordered an EPS in PR99 then some months was later was told they ran out of stays etc, and then came up with the hybrid which was eventually named EPQ. It is in fact, my favorite Colnago that I own, simply because of the paint and it's uniqueness. They initially sent me an EPQ but with the same PR99 graphics that you would see on a C59 in that paint scheme, except with big block lettered EPQ all over it. That's not what I wanted then gave up on the whole thing. But through some very kind help from a couple people close to Colnago, they decided to make me another in the paint scheme I wanted... a bit custom I guess but just super clean and elegant in my opinion. No "EPQ" anywhere on the frame, and no silly marketing graphics, just two paneled "Colnagos" on the downtube and seat tube. I still feel so fortunate and lucky to have gotten it. And all because they had to mix some tubes from the EPS with lugs from the C59. And with the rounder tubes of the EPS I believe the paneled logos look a lot nicer than when wrapped around the big tubes of the C59. So, a hybrid, but a nice one. So, if you've got a 2014 C59 coming and it has a C60 fork, I would be completely ok with that.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Some pics of the C60 here at the Savile Road Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... amp;type=1
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

c-60 has a more industrial look compared to the c-59. The lugs look very serious and communicate stiffness. Paint job of course looks great, but I think the c-59's more round look is a bit more aesthetic. I might change my mind, these things take time to grow on you.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

catbill

by catbill

The faithful C59 is back on Colnago website after a few days of absent. Does it mean customer can still order a C59?

www.colnago.com
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Having seen the side-by-side photos of the C59 & the C60 on the Facebook link above, the C59's tubes do look slender by comparison. I can only say that as a smaller rider (5'8" on a 53cm trad. frame), I wonder if I'd feel 'beaten up' by such large diameter tubes on the C60? Doubtless, the ride quality will be of the usual standard but I really feel that most mere mortals (I include myself in that category) would be perfectly well served by the stiffness of a C59. Mind you, if we all felt that way we'd still be riding ordinarys.
From an aesthetic point of view, I don't like the chunky look of the C60 - at least in the smaller frame sizes. Taller riders, yes. On a 57cm & larger frame I imagine that it'll look 'in proportion' but not for my diminutive size. I was umming & awwing about waiting to see if a C60 would be released this year (true to form) but I'm now glad that I plumped for the trad. C59 in the ADAR colour scheme. I doubt I'll ever see another one on the road.
All that said, I'll still be taking my C50 to Roubaix this year! It might not be as 'rocket ship' fast as the C59 but at least I won't get bounced out of the saddle as soon as we hit the pavé!
I like the paint on the C60 though, at least the art decor ones anyway - Ernesto done good on that account!
Oh, & before I forget - I was pleased to see that the bb shell is at least replaceable (or at least the screw in cups are). They made a very good point about metal being able to be precision machined, unlike carbon. At least now we will be able to have a press fit bb that probably won't creak like an octogenarian's hip! Personally, I don't know why we have to have sh1t Mtb technology foisted upon us, left, right & centre. There was nothing wrong with screw in bb cups IMHO.

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

tinozee

by tinozee

Not sure why they italicized the logo on so many of the C60, it looks so much better in normal type face. The art deco versions look nice though. It's a weird thing to do to play with such a strong brand. At least they didn't stick with the gross looking version on the Mapei model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Damn, I want one of these...