My Supersix collection...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

barrman

by barrman

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for quite a while now but only just registered, so thought i'd share my Cannondale Supersix build with you.

So it started off life as a standard Supersix 105:

But it wasn't long until I got the bug and wanted to start upgrading (working for a bike shop didn't help!).
Managed to get a set of Shimano RS80 C50 wheels which started the upgrades:

Next up was a set of Rotor 3d+ cranks with their 53/39 MAS Qrings:

I then went off on one and decided to spoil myself for my birthday! Swapped the wheels out for a set of Reynolds, went for the 43mm Assault on the front and the 66mm Strike on the rear with a set of one23 carbon Ti skewers.
Also upgraded to Look KEO carbon 16N blades with Ti axles, a Zipp service course SL seat post and 110mm stem and a set of Zipp Vuka carbon bars (42cm 0-0) finished off with a Fizik Antares carbon braided seat :D

I had been eyeing up a Supersix EVO ballistic frameset that we had in the shop for quite some time with the idea of a potential frame swap at some point, which finally came true last month!

I took this opportunity to upgrade to the 2014 Shimano Ultegra 11 speed groupset and annoyingly had to buy another Zipp service course SL seatpost in the 27.2mm required for the EVO.
Which pretty much brings me to where the build is now, weighing in at 6.9kg. Absolutely loving it!

Sorry it's so photo heavy ;)

Cheers,
Kristian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Never be sorry for being photo heavy! EVER. Nice bike

Valy

by Valy

HOW IS THE NEW ULTEGRA VS 105?!?!?!? :O :D

... and the bike is awwwwriiight!

barrman

by barrman

Cheers for the comments guys.

I wasn't really expecting to notice much difference between the 105 and ultegra groupset but was pleasantly surprised!
The brakes are noticeably more powerful and the rear mech shifts a little smoother, but what is really noticeable is how easy the front mech is to operate!
Rather than the traditional style front mechs were you have to push the left shifter over quite hard the new ultegra clicks into gear just like the rear gears.

I'm currently using a 11-25 cassette and the 11speed has definitely smoothed the ratio out nicely too.

Kristian

Valy

by Valy

Yeah, that seems to be one of the biggest improvements of this new 6800/9000 mechanical. Wonder how much of it is to do with the new cables...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Great looking build. Only thing I'd change is to remove the stickers off the wheels. To me, it detracts from the lines of the bike. Great choices on the bike.

Boardman

by Boardman

Great choice of components. I'm after exactly the same frameset. Just with all the the logos its a bit too busy for my liking.

What a magnificent building you work in!

quattrings

by quattrings

This guy has a serious case of upgraditis, but don't we all :lol:

good choice of componentry and love the strike assault combo :thumbup:

barrman

by barrman

Cheers for the comments guys.

Yeah the wheel decal debate has been a regular talking point at my work, seems to be a love or hate thing.
I really don't mind the hectic look too much but did a really quick (total crap) microsoft paint "photoshop" to see how no stickers would roughly look.

What do you think?

I'm tempted to get some custom Reynolds decals the same as standard but in black made up.

Anyway we sold our last Liquigas Evo team rep at work so couldn't resist a quick photo before it left.....

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Looks good without decals!
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

Guerdi

by Guerdi

I like it better without decals.

I'm in love with your house/shop (?) - I really like dry stone walls.

Oh, and nice car btw.

barrman

by barrman

So a quick update now that the summer is on it's way... hopefully!!

I've finally got the winter wheels off and have gone for a set of Enve SES 3.4 Clinchers for this season.
Absolutely loving them on the bike, and the Chris King hubs sound insane!

What do you guys think?

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Looks GREAT :thumbup:

One of my favorite paint schemes ever. Had the chance to get one and never did...regretting it more than ever now.

Looks great with the Enve's.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

So much better with Enve wheels. Even the Reynolds looked better without the decals. Want this frame really bad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pavaobg

by pavaobg

Nice.