Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

catbill

by catbill

I admit I am thinking too much. Too much about how good the C60 actually is and what all the new designs really mean to the end users but what else can I do. All we can do is wait, right? Wait for it to be seen and wait for someone to share about its riding experience.

I tell you what. If it really look as sexy as some of the pictures we see on Colnago web, I would just go and get one. Life is too short and having just passed my mid-40s, I think I am growing out of patient.

For the record, I don't have much concern about the seat post included or not issue. None of us are novice here, right?

The only real hurdle for me is the disc or non-disc. I only hope UCI can come with a definite decision on a go or no go before we start rumors on a C65!
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

tabmaster

by tabmaster

To solve the problem of 'missing seat post syndrome' I went to see Mike Perry. My C59 came with matching seat post & was still £500 less than the official UK dealer network RRP. Oh, & he gave me a very nice Colnago history book when I ordered it too - free gratis!
I used to mull over what I wanted in a bike... Pinarello, De Rosa, Colnago, whatever. If I ever need a frame, now I just go & see Mike. It's a bit of a drive, yes, but it's always a pleasure to deal with him because he's an honest bloke & I save £££ over anywhere else. I might add that he personally guarantees his frames for six years which is a whole lot longer than you'll get from anyone else.
The only downside that I can see is that one might have a bit of a wait, but then I think you get that with any Colnago dealer as the orders are placed with the factory in Italy via whichever importer (ie it doesn't matter if it's codagex in Belgium or Windwave here). For those of you who feel that 3 months is too long to wait then I am sure that a spesh Tarmac will suit.
As Heinz quite rightly point out about their ketchup - the best things come to those who wait. Now, did I want Heinz ketchup or will I be happy with random, runny, supermarket own brand?

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

catbill

by catbill

Mike is ok. Very responsive and reliable. Keep up with the hard work please, Mike, if you are reading this.

All the best!
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

tabmaster wrote:As Heinz quite rightly point out about their ketchup - the best things come to those who wait. Now, did I want Heinz ketchup or will I be happy with random, runny, supermarket own brand?
Finally someone who knows what's important in life. Let's hope that Warren Buffett doesn't do anything to screw up (lessen the quality of) Heinz ketchup (no substitution of lower grade "carbon fiber" or resin so to speak). Let him fire a bunch of lame-a$$ MBAs from corporate headquarters if that is his pleasure, but don't screw with the ketchup.

Now :back2topic:

Caleido

by Caleido

Yep it's simple, if you buy in the UK from mike who afaik uses Benelux distributor you get a seatpost.

If you buy from a dealer who uses Windwave you don't. I don't know if the bikes coming in from colnago to Windwave all come with seatpost, if they do they must have a huge stock of them. We are likely not to find out either. As if they will admit to it. Maybe they buy them cheaper without. Either way you don't expect to get one when buying from a dealer supplied by Windwave.

The wait with mike is most definitely longer than Windwave. I waited 7 months for my c59 bought from him. I'd say average lead time on a c59 from Windwave is 3 months though lately they have been erratic. Some have taken 4 weeks others 4 months.

Anyway, the colnago seatpost is pretty horrible to use.

Caleido

by Caleido

Oh and Stokes ketchup is the best!

markyboy

by markyboy

catbill wrote:Mike is ok. Very responsive and reliable. Keep up with the hard work please, Mike, if you are reading this.

All the best!

Mike has been in hospital and had his big toe removed due to diabetes,he is now out and on the mend.
I spoke to him last week and he has 26 c59s to get to customers.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

bomber

by bomber

The Australian importer has stated they will only be making the C60 frame available in sloping sizes. Corroborated on both their website and their store front.

I guess I'll be speaking to Mike if I want one.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

So here is the latest from our friends from Cambiago.

I placed an order on a C59 back in December 2013, with delivery predicted around April. Deposit paid, everything as it should be.

Got an apologetic email from the dealer saying that Colnago decided to stop all C59s and that they will give the option for a C60 upgrade for customers who had an order in place.

So that's it - no more new C59s, I'm stuck now with the C60. Not sure how I feel about that as I haven't seen a C60 yet, but on the other hand I'll get one for the price of a C59...

Although I'm a Colnago fan, it just shows what I've heard and experienced a few times: they are very tricky to deal with and a 'bit disorganised'. I mean, you can't simply cancel orders 3 months or so after they have been placed and paid for, not for a brand of this kind of magnitude. If we were talking about the bike shop down the road, that's kind of understandable. I guess this all adds to the character of the brand...

leslie1

by leslie1

Sorry to hear that, i ordered a c59 ad10 sloping from local dealer in dec 2013 and recieved it at end of Feb 2014.

Did you order Traditional, that might be why.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Was it traditional or sloping that you ordered?

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

It was a 52 sloping. I guess mine was taking a bit longer as I ordered that 12GL colour which was an 'special order' one.

But I'd like to hear from you guys, would you be happy to trade a C59 for a C60 if you were in the same situation?

Harmitc

by Harmitc

I ride a C59 and would be delighted to be offered a C60 at that price.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Nobrakes71: Tough to say until I see one for real, but yes, I think you will be happy. They seem to have thought through the bottom bracket issue quite nicely. And with Campy's new Overtorque cranks the shift from a BSA threaded bottom bracket should be moot, hopefully.

I just haven't seen one for real, and those tubes look massive. From a direct on profile, it looks nice, but I want to see one at different angles to really appreciate what the those tubes look like.

But the biggest plus is that, if you want to run some larger tires, etc., you will have the proper clearance, at least for 25mm. A 25mm Arrenberg or Roubaix has so little clearance on my C59 or EPQ that I worry I'm going to jam something in there that might stop my wheel in it's tracks. There is between 1.5 and 2mm of clearance (closer to 1.5mm I think). That's it. My 2008 C50 on the other hand is fine with the bigger tire.

I am building a new 2014 C59 right now, one of the last traditional C59s that they must have made and I'm pretty sure it has a C60 fork on it. It has more clearance and accepts the same 25mm just fine, kind of like the prior to 2014 C59 fits a 23mm tire.

And last but not least... you'll be one of the first kids on the block with one.

Be happy.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Calnago wrote:And with Campy's new Overtorque cranks the shift from a BSA threaded bottom bracket should be moot, hopefully.

I don't think OverTorque would fit the C60, it's a BB/PF30/BBRight solution isn't it? The C69s in Taiwan were built with Super Record RS in any case so UT is definitely compatible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com