"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

via cyclingtips fb

lippythelion

by lippythelion

It looked like Greg Van Avermaet had trouble with his gears when he started his sprint in Sanremo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

lippythelion wrote:It looked like Greg Van Avermaet had trouble with his gears when he started his sprint in Sanremo

Yep, looked like his FD changed just when he was about to hit the front. Is it just me or do BMC seem to have more mechanical failures than any other team?

pastronef

by pastronef

nice retrò oakley

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Last 10 Monuments that Fabian Cancellara finished:
1/1/2/3/2/2/3/1/1/2.

Impressive, yes, but reeks of marketing "truth, but not the whole truth". If he knows he is not going to podium, he can simply drop out and preserve his streak.

I have never failed to podium in any Monument I have finished. And to one-up Cancellara, I have never failed to podium in any Grand Tour I have finished - something which he can't honestly say.

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

HammerTime2 wrote:Last 10 Monuments that Fabian Cancellara finished:
1/1/2/3/2/2/3/1/1/2.

Impressive, yes, but reeks of marketing "truth, but not the whole truth". If he knows he is not going to podium, he can simply drop out and preserve his streak.

I have never failed to podium in any Monument I have finished. And to one-up Cancellara, I have never failed to podium in any Grand Tour I have finished - something which he can't honestly say.

His record is impressive no matter how you present the data.

ichobi

by ichobi

To get on a podium at any monument is a feast many riders wish they could do just once. To do it 10 consecutive times is stuff of legend. One does not simply get on a monument race podium. I am pretty sure Fab works pretty damn hard to have that kind of record.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

The...horror. The horror.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

^^^^ What was Vaughters thinking when he signed up POc as a sponsor? All he needs now is a snorkel and it would be perfect

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

JV probably doesn't care cos a) POC pays and supplies him and b) he doesn't have to wear one :)
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

anybody want to take a bet on garmin looking like retar...errr, being sponsored by POC next year? massive fail IMO.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

As for more AK non-sponsor wear, gotta love the ShowersPass jacket, not even black to hide it :mrgreen:
edit- been corrected below, in fact it is sponsor equipment. At least they could've made something colour co-ordinated!
photo from cyclingnews
Last edited by ultyguy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anders3404

by Anders3404

No need to hide to hide it
The Elite Pro is the offical racing jacket of World Tour Team Katusha

http://www.showerspass.com/catalog/men/ ... pro-jacket

ave

by ave

I was wondering how Boonen would have done in this Sanremo... I can't see him finishing being Cancellara in a tough race's sprint. Too bad he missed the race.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

HammerTime2 wrote:I have never failed to podium in any Monument I have finished. And to one-up Cancellara, I have never failed to podium in any Grand Tour I have finished - something which he can't honestly say.

Not to forget the huge amounts of dough you made for every one of the Monuments and Grand Tour podiums you achieved :thumbup:

But seriously, funny how Nibali is venting his frustration nobody coming with him. Guess everyone still remembers how much he pulled last time he went clear with Cancellara and Gerrans on the Poggio :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com