Anyway to take a Nike Mercurial Soccer Shoe and resole....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

to make into a cycling shoe? I know Adam Blythe wears Nike cycling shoes, and the shape is very similar to the Mercurial soccer shoe with the added velcro straps or quick tighten feature. The mercurial basically looks like a Giro shoe to me, already has a carbon sole, just wondering if there is anyway to remove the soccer cleats and add the needed mounting for a cycling shoe?

Krackor

by Krackor

I remember reading on this forum something about doing just that. Have you used the search?

edit: Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113006

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mile2424

by mile2424

Hmm interesting. I wasn't thinking quite the home hack job like that although it did look like it worked out for them nicely.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Why don't you try a pair of Giro Empire or similar?

mile2424

by mile2424

I do like the empires, just thought I'd throw the question out there to see if anyone has tried or new of a shop that could do something like this. Chances look slim.

milehighcyclist

by milehighcyclist

mile2424 wrote:to make into a cycling shoe? I know Adam Blythe wears Nike cycling shoes, and the shape is very similar to the Mercurial soccer shoe with the added velcro straps or quick tighten feature. The mercurial basically looks like a Giro shoe to me, already has a carbon sole, just wondering if there is anyway to remove the soccer cleats and add the needed mounting for a cycling shoe?

you could get someone to do it for you...i have seen a couple people do similar things such as pro football/baseball players making custom cleats out of Air Jordan basketball sneakers. the process involves replacing the midsole with a stiffer sole to mount the cleat on but seeing as the murcurial already has a stiff sole im sure you could do it. with that being said why do it... for the price and hassle you could get a nice pair of sidi wire :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com