HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
Not your typical build... Inspired by the Street Rods & the German Look.
LOVE IT OR HATE IT!!!

My version of a modern day classic.


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image



Complete bike specifications
Frame: Colnago Master X Light Saronni Edition 2009
Fork: Colnago Precisa Fork
Headset: Campagnolo Record 1 inch Threadless
Stem: Cinelli Graphis XL 31.8 mm, 110mm, 80 degree
Handlebar: Cinelli RAM XL VRC, 44 cm
Handlebar Tape: Fizik Microtex
Front brake caliper: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary Dual Pivot
Rear brake caliper: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary Dual Pivot
Brake / shift levers: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary Ergo
Front derailleur: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary
Cassette: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary 12-25 T
Chain: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary
Crankset: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary, 172.5 mm, 52/39T
Bottom bracket: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary Italian thread
Pedals: Campagnolo Record Titanium Pro-fit
Wheelset: Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Titanium
Front tire: Vittoria Diamante Pro 23c
Rear tire: Vittoria Diamante Pro 23c
Saddle: Fizik Arione Carbon Rails
Seatpost: Campagnolo Record Carbon 27.2 mm
Bottle cage: Campagnolo 80th Anniversary
Bottle: Campagnolo Super Record


Last edited by alexarcilla on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am
Posts: 6270
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Very well done. A friend still has a Masterlight in his stable and rides it pretty regularly as well as his C-40. Too bad the frame won't take down tube shifters.

_________________
-For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
-This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.
-Sticky Fingers John Rockefeller
-First one over the cliff wins!


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 am
Posts: 332
Location: Dubai, UAE
Nice, I like that a LOT!

Whats the riding / racing scene like over in Jeddah? I live in Dubai but travel to KSA a couple of times a month, usually Riyadh and Dammam.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 424
Location: Switzerland
if breaking the rules leads to this, please go on breaking the rules...superb

the only point of critique i have is the position of the brake levers (a little bit too low)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:09 pm
Posts: 34
Definetely loving it!
If i had to make a remark, it would only be on the saddle. I am not sure what would look best, but you can improve there, maybe using some more colour
All in all you ve got a greta result there! Enjoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Posts: 441
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
The build ( group, seatpost and wheels ) look good on that frame, they match the silver, black and red colors on the frame.

The Saddle, Stem and Handlebars on the other hand don't look so good.

Off course that is just personal preference, those are your contact points, so if you are happy with them that's what matters.

But aesthetically they look too big for the frame.

I would try a more slender saddle, a horizontal thinner stem, the handlebars can be better if the ergos are positioned a bit higher, so the tips align with the drops line.
I would go with 26mm handlebars though.

_________________
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
Juanmoretime wrote:
Very well done. A friend still has a Masterlight in his stable and rides it pretty regularly as well as his C-40. Too bad the frame won't take down tube shifters.


Thanks man! yep, they don't take down tube shifters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
lone wheeler wrote:
Nice, I like that a LOT!

Whats the riding / racing scene like over in Jeddah? I live in Dubai but travel to KSA a couple of times a month, usually Riyadh and Dammam.


Thanks lone wheeler!
There's some small groups riding on weekends... still dangerous.
Last time they have a proper race was a few years ago.

Ride safe in Saudi if ever you ride there!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
GT56 wrote:
if breaking the rules leads to this, please go on breaking the rules...superb

the only point of critique i have is the position of the brake levers (a little bit too low)



Thanks GT56,

I've notice that as well... was in a hurry building it for a bike show the following day.
Won best in its class!
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
LiKuid wrote:
Definetely loving it!
If i had to make a remark, it would only be on the saddle. I am not sure what would look best, but you can improve there, maybe using some more colour
All in all you ve got a greta result there! Enjoy!



You're probably right LiKuid.
Thanks anyways. Now I have a reason to upgrade. Haha!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 am
Posts: 332
Location: Dubai, UAE
I think i'll be leaving the bike at home on trips into KSA. Thankfully we have been a little spoilt over the last two years with new circuits being built just for cyclists. Boring but at least they are safe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
SalsaLover wrote:
The build ( group, seatpost and wheels ) look good on that frame, they match the silver, black and red colors on the frame.

The Saddle, Stem and Handlebars on the other hand don't look so good.

Off course that is just personal preference, those are your contact points, so if you are happy with them that's what matters.

But aesthetically they look too big for the frame.

I would try a more slender saddle, a horizontal thinner stem, the handlebars can be better if the ergos are positioned a bit higher, so the tips align with the drops line.
I would go with 26mm handlebars though.


Thanks SalsaLover!

The point of this build was to "break the rules & be different from the rest" so that it will not look like just someone else's bike.
I personally think it came out good & joined a local bike show(not the most prestigious one in the world) yesterday & won best it its class.

8)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 am
Posts: 431
Location: YYZ
Love it - not all steel needs to look old school. I guy in our club has a ride very similar to yours, beautiful.

_________________
Fear is healthy, panic can be deadly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Posts: 29
Location: jeddah saudi arabia
mellowJohnny wrote:
Love it - not all steel needs to look old school. I guy in our club has a ride very similar to yours, beautiful.



Thanks mellowJohnny! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:16 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:16 pm
Posts: 46
Location: The Far East
Wow thats a nice ride ..not many of those in the Pinas .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BGSM and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master

in Road

GregSherwin

3

1029

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm

stella-azzurra View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. fork use for colnago master?

in Road

tttestarossa

6

380

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:35 pm

HillRPete View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master 30th Anniversary AD4

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

NS

43

4120

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Krull View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C59 150th + Master Olympic

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

jordan00

19

1243

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:30 am

jordan00 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master Olympic Build

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

TomWhite59

5

1203

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:29 am

TomWhite59 View the latest post


It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB