2014 Campagnolo groups?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Exactly... those were minor running changes. Just like the ones I mentioned. And then the 2009 11spd came out with relatively "soft" shifting. So they stiffened that up in a running change as well as put a stronger return spring in the rear derailleur. Cripser, stiffer feel... like Campy users like. But running changes, nonetheless.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

@ParisCarbon - desite apperances the new SR FD cage isn't a Chorus cage re-badged - it is differently profiled internally to work with the new tooth profiles. The reason for the cost differential between a cage and a complete FD is the crazy discounting policies that some wholesalers and retailers apply to Campagnolo - stocking spares is expensive and in traditional retail models, the margin on complete components has to some extent subsidised the cost of that stock-holding. Ever harsher discounts on complete components to try and "buy the market" by certain retailers (what are they on?) has eroded anyone's ability to do this, so the pricing differentials start to appear - we have to charge full RRP for spares to make it worth our while, as a Service Centre, supplying them, given that as a SC we also have to supply a lot of help along with maybe 80% of the spares supplies that we make to both trade and public.

@Calnago - Campagnolo made other changes inside the lever and the change in spring tension not only to sharpen the shift function but also to compensate for changes that have started to filter through in frame design, in terms of internal cabling and the like.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

LionelB

by LionelB

Yeah, changes were not huge really. I have 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 groups (I know, I know). They all work very well.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Got a new scoop. Athena EPS will be discontinued and replaced by Chorus EPS. I'm sure it will have the same battery, connectors, interface as the Athena just rebadged with Chorus name on it. Front derailleur should be similar and the rear most likely they will replace the plate with carbon and keep the cage in aluminum.
██

Posix1b

by Posix1b

Such a stubborn company! They always make design mistakes, then come around and fix them. I'll wait for V3 of the electronic when they'll decide to allow for charging the battery via an external junction/port if one decides to use a seat post battery.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Posix1b wrote: I'll wait for V3 of the electronic when they'll decide to allow for charging the battery via an external junction/port if one decides to use a seat post battery.

What if Shimano has the patent on that?

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posix1b

by Posix1b

@Causidicus I'm thoroughly enjoying my Campag Super Record right now. And absolutely find nothing wrong with it. I don't race, so EPS is an added luxury that I don't necessarily need right now. But when it more practical I'll jump in. I say the same thing about discs on road bike.

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Posix1b wrote:Such a stubborn company! They always make design mistakes, then come around and fix them. I'll wait for V3 of the electronic when they'll decide to allow for charging the battery via an external junction/port if one decides to use a seat post battery.

I'm sure plenty of people can and do live without a charging port for a seatpost mounted battery. It's not like said "stubborn" company released shifters that snap cables then produced new ones without a recall on the old ones, or had to completely recall a hydraulic braking system which didn't work in the cold. :smartass:
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

morrisond

by morrisond

Does anyone know if the RS Group has a Ti Axle on the Crank or Steel? Personally I'm hoping for Steel as Theoretically it should be stiffer and more in keeping with the "Pro" theme.

LionelB

by LionelB

It's a Ti axle.

Nitemare

by Nitemare

Ok folks ... here's my Campagnolo RS Groupset that I got yesterday ... will build onto my De Rosa Corum .. :D

Don't think there'll be too many around the Northern Ireland peleton with it!!! :thumbup:

lippythelion

by lippythelion

^ Very cool.

Nitemare

by Nitemare

lippythelion wrote:^ Very cool.

Cheers,
And here's my 80th Anniversary group I got for my De Rosa Titanio :D

neeb

by neeb

Since this is weight weenies and you are lucky enough to have the RS groupset, I think you are effectively obliged to provide us with some weights, especially for the RS front dérailleur! I assume that this will be some very small number of grams heavier than the standard SR due to the alloy cage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com