fondriest P$ carbon frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

You know what, I tried to help you prevent from making a mistake, but you act ungrateful and like a snob. Almost every post from you has been either negative or rude to me. You have a serious chip on your shoulder.

And spytech, whats your problem with my post? I have nothing against the manufacturer, I even said the new frames are top notch a few posts ago. Just saying it the way it is. Sure my words are harsh, I'm being blunt in order to get to point across. I explained the issues on a few posts ago.

Frame has a harsh ride, poor construction, i.e. the aluminum lugs are known to come unbonded from the frame :shock: ( didn't mention that earlier) , very heavy 1300g + for a 54 or 56cm frame, and outrageously priced for it's short life, production cost for frame was under $700, and got pumped up to 3799 as a MSRP, well beyond normal profit margin for high end frames. With typical high end frame mark up's it should have gone for $2000 tops.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Superlite......I wasn't being mean to you, i was just pointing out how Spytech was talking to you. I am glad you told me about the frame and appreciate your help! Yes, we have had our troubles in the past.......but not this time

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

Here is a review from someone who has actually riden one

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=200 ... ndriest_P4

Seems to have been the bike that cheat Rumsas used when he did well in the Tour

nicrump

by nicrump

Francois_Viviers wrote:Not sure about this bike but have seen the production line for Fondriest top carbon, and to say that his carbon bikes are crap is a bit harsh, they have a big pricetag, but his production line for carbon is 2nd to none, it looked like a lab that gets cleaned and disinfected every day, to mention that TREK in the same breath is just misguided, as they just bond tubes. The Fondriest top carbon is a pure work of art, I have only ever seen one at a show.

I totally agree but with exception on the P4. Its a total trigon job and has notbeen sold by Fond in a couple years.