torque wrench?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jooo

by jooo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i found a rarely used snap-on torque wrench on e-bay. it's hard to beat snap-on tools for quality.

ARL002

by ARL002

r_mutt wrote:i found a rarely used snap-on torque wrench on e-bay. it's hard to beat snap-on tools for quality.

Are you using it for Vectors? What kind of attachment are you using to squeeze between the pedal and the crank? The crowfoot doesn't work well with a more traditional torque wrench.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

ARL002 wrote:
r_mutt wrote:i found a rarely used snap-on torque wrench on e-bay. it's hard to beat snap-on tools for quality.

Are you using it for Vectors? What kind of attachment are you using to squeeze between the pedal and the crank? The crowfoot doesn't work well with a more traditional torque wrench.

hmmm... is this true? i have not yet mounted mine. still waiting on a frame.

ARL002

by ARL002

r_mutt wrote:hmmm... is this true? i have not yet mounted mine. still waiting on a frame.

Perhaps I'm doing this all wrong, but I took some pictures to illustrate what I was trying to say... The crowfoot and click-type torque wrench do not fit well with the Vectors.

Is there perhaps a different attachment that would work better?

r_mutt

by r_mutt

would an extension help matters?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Using an extension and tightening the pedal with the wrench handle towards the spindle would work much better. Same way when loosing it too. Working in the automotive field has little benefits, but I'm able to justify an electronic torque wrench, watch the display or listen to the beep, it's the cats meow.

No, it is not worth the money for just doing pedals. But neither is $1700 for a set of pedals either [I ordered mine yesterday and will be in next week].

ARL002

by ARL002

@Butcher Do you have an example of an extension? Sorry I'm a visual person.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

carbonLORD.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

http://prius.ecrostech.com/original/Own ... ontrol.htm

Part way down the page, you'll see the picture.