The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

thencameyou

by thencameyou

@ mattharrop:

points for originality. but think they would have a pretty limited target market...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vlastrada

by vlastrada

awesome supersix evo...hadn't seen it in that colour...nice :)

some more pedestrian stuff below...veloflex carbons 23 (265g and 267g) for racing wheels and veloflex corsa 25 (215g vs 205 claimed) clinchers for spring/summer...Challenge latex at 64-65g

...and couldnt resist at 40% off some assos stuff....happy but broke ;)

and a couple of assos things as LBS (Cyclelife in DC) w 40% off....on kitchen scale (size S)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

KWalker wrote:This is my third Super Six Evo (second hi-mod) and 6th Cannondale frame:

Damn....you beat me to it. Can't wait to see it built up. :beerchug:

hmai18

by hmai18

I'd be careful with those Challenge latex tubes. Every one I've ever used has eventually failed at the black patch where the valve joins the rest of the tube (not pinch flatted). Michelins, while heavier, have been much better and haven't let me down except for actual punctures or from sloppy/rushed, installation.

Have recently picked up some Vredestein latex tubes to try out in my nice summer wheels.

mattharrop

by mattharrop

thencameyou wrote:@ mattharrop:

points for originality. but think they would have a pretty limited target market...

Really? I think there's quite a wide appetite for something different and a bit out there. Maybe I'm just in the right age bracket (26) :-)

KWalker

by KWalker

I'd have to say that I have used every latex tube and the Challenges were the most problematic. The best were Vittorias or the old Michelin tubes. The Vredesteins, if I recall, are actually slower than a butyl tube with most tires.

@btompkins- My sincerest apologies for snagging such an epic frame from you. I've been on the lookout for a 56 for ~2 months and this came at the perfect moment. Will post build pics once its together this weekend probably.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

plpete

by plpete

A local DC guy has that exact color way frame and it looks great in person. What wheels did you decide to go with? I think it was between Bontrager Aeolus or HED Stingers?

Caleido

by Caleido

For a Parlee Z1 on the way...

Primato advanced crankset, 170mm 49t. 653g incl bolts etc

Primato track BB. 214g

Caleido

by Caleido

Also for the Z1..

Planet X CT45 Tubulars..will convert the rear to f/ss miche primato track hub.

These were pretty cheap and similar rim shape to metron 40 / zipp 303 etc..

Front 624g
rear 820g

nismosr

by nismosr

wheelset looks good .. can you describe the shape of the rim ? are they more like a firecrest type ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Caleido

by Caleido

Yeah as stated they are most like a vision metron 40 or say a rear enve 3.4

I'll start a thread for my parlee and will say in there how I find them, have some 3.4s as reference. Rims don't seem the lightest (hey, they cost £400 all in) so I'm hoping and I'm told they will be stiff.

Permon

by Permon

My Pina arrived this week.

Porky 1180g :thumbup:

Build in process

CBJ

by CBJ

Nice paint job!

KWalker

by KWalker

plpete wrote:A local DC guy has that exact color way frame and it looks great in person. What wheels did you decide to go with? I think it was between Bontrager Aeolus or HED Stingers?

Sticking with my Bontrager Race X lites for daily/winter use and just picked up a set of November Rails laced to Alchemy hubs from Ergott! That guy might be responsible for all my awesome 2014 season gear. I can't wait to race next weekend. If the Novembers turn out to ride well, I might end up using them as daily drivers.

I still am not sure I've seen you around but I've seen some DT kits out on the weekend.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thencameyou

by thencameyou

mattharrop wrote:
thencameyou wrote:@ mattharrop:

Really? I think there's quite a wide appetite for something different and a bit out there. Maybe I'm just in the right age bracket (26) :-)

it's out there. but not classy. not my cup of tea at all. I'm only 29 myself so not sure it's an age thing...