Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LionelB

by LionelB

catbill wrote:The FC and RC traditional seems identical between the C60 and C59 but I can see deviations from previous records of the C50 based on just a few clicks on the web.

I do not get why the FC and RC of a 61 trad is so much shorter than a 58s or 56s. it does not make sense to me.

This said I just had a look at the 2008 C50 catalog I have and they are saying there that the Fc is 606 and the RC is 409. I know that the actual measurements on my 2008 C50 were actually longer than this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dov

by Dov

It's interesting that even Italian companies are now displaying their flagship models 'wearing' Dura Ace and not Super Record.

How long before Campag is gobbled up by SRAM?
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Franklin

by Franklin

no need to quote above

Some people look for controversy everywhere they can, not bothering to do fact checking. :roll:

Perhaps you have been watching cycling for just a few years? Shimano and Colnago have been good friends for many, many years. Indeed, Colnago has never had any issues showcasing their pro-models with Shimano. Think of The Mapei and Rabo models they proudly displayed. :smartass:

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Dov wrote:It's interesting that even Italian companies are now displaying their flagship models 'wearing' Dura Ace and not Super Record.

Shimano probably is sharing in the advertising. These things are no accident.

As far as SRAM goes a distant third in terms of quality. Campy's problem is not SRAM but it's own refusal to build in Asia, along with watching it's demographics get older and older. Campy costs the most and if all you want is reliability then Shimano is the go to brand.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

But then the C60s in Taipei are kitted in Super Record RS in their first public appearance. Not much love lost between any of the companies, it seems. I suppose the Shimano/Campagnolo dynamic sort of like Microsofts view on Apple in the 90s.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Franklin wrote:
Dov wrote:It's interesting that even Italian companies are now displaying their flagship models 'wearing' Dura Ace and not Super Record.

Some people look for controversy everywhere they can, not bothering to do fact checking. :roll:

Perhaps you have been watching cycling for just a few years? Shimano and Colnago have been good friends for many, many years. Indeed, Colnago has never had any issues showcasing their pro-models with Shimano. Think of The Mapei and Rabo models they proudly displayed. :smartass:

I hope this isn't the Colnago can't be seen wearing Shimano talk. I have 6800, and I suspect there are plenty of people like me doing just that.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Franklin

by Franklin

Zakalwe wrote:But then the C60s in Taipei are kitted in Super Record RS in their first public appearance. Not much love lost between any of the companies, it seems. I suppose the Shimano/Campagnolo dynamic sort of like Microsofts view on Apple in the 90s.

How about the probability that Colnago couldn't care less what parts you put on their frame :roll:

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Yeah, I don't care either, I was just countering the post that Dov made.

So no need to roll your eyes at me, mate.

catbill

by catbill

A groupset to mate with a C60. Here is my choice if I get a.....

C60 Racing, a Dura Ace is fine with me.
C60 Classic, a Campagnolo SR would be my first choice.
C60 Italia, a Campagnolo SR is a must.
C60 disc, a Dura Ace Di2 would be my pick until Campagnolo come up with an improved 2nd generation EPS.

No Sram for me please. For pure functionality, Dura Ace win by a big margin. For looks, pure breed and overall finishing, Campagnolo has the sex appeal to me. I just cant figure out where Sram stand in my heart and until I get that sort out, sorry no Sram.

There used to be Mavic, stronglight, Suntour, Sachs etc etc. Where the hell have they gone?
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

catbill, I also would loathe seeing a Colnago running SRAM. It just doesn't seem right.

LionelB

by LionelB

Anyone has a picture of a 58s C59 ?

catbill

by catbill

I give a thumb up :thumbup: to Sram for succeeding in a market used to be long dominated by two well developed brands. A sure well done! But if I want to spoil myself for a fifth girl friend, I think I would get more excited seeing her on the black sexy looking carbon weave Campagnolo SR. And if I want her to perform the quick and effortless middle finger "soft touch trick", a Japanese is not a bad idea.

Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

giant man

by giant man

Sram won't be around in ten years time, Campagnolo will.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Campagnolo own their entire production facilities, everything is able to be consistently managed, they don't rely on external sources who might decide to him the prices up and leave them up the creek, and they turn over hundreds of millions of Euros per year. They might not have the figures of Shimano, but there's no reason why they'll be going anywhere soon. Plus EU wages are settled and predictable, the Far East is, rightly, demanding more. Asian production is getting less lucrative every year, what are the SRAM execs going to have to do to maintain their profit margins? Up prices? Cut corners? It's hard to say where we'll be in 10 years time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com