HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:57 pm 

I just got campagnolo eps v1 on my bike. And when i start to charge it, the green and orange light lights, and after 2 min, they turn of and the green one flashes? Is that normal? In the manual it says the green light and orange should light all the time when you charge?

Hope you can help me :? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:10 pm 

Green indicates front derailleur fault and the red (which is the one I believe you refer to as orange) is the system interface fault.

Insert the magnet to shut the system down, and check each and every connection, it may need to be taken apart and reassembled again. If all that fails, call Campagnolo customer service.

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:10 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:18 pm 
Shop Owner

My experience with the v1 power unit is that the first batch had issues. I had one of the first ones and it took some time to find out the power unit was NFG. After a new unit, it was all perfect. Lots of blinking lights and lots of not shifting correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm 

It's the interface i mean? It's orange now, but i can't charge it to green.. I rode the bike today, and it rides as it should :-) and there are no blinking lights on the battery/powerunit.. it's just that when i push the bottom for battery life time it's orange.. But on the charger it self, there are a no light, and the green one is just flashing, i don't think i work :-) When you charge your v1, didn't the green and orange light all the time?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:03 pm 

on the charger i self.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 am 

hi there, any update on this problem?

i seem to have the same issue - plugged in charger to wall and to bike, turned it on and the green light and orange (amber/red, whatever you call it) light was on the batter charger itself, while the DTI had a orange steady light (indicating charging). but after a while, only the green light was blinking on the battery charger (no light on the DTI). i have unplugged it from the bike and the green light on the battery charger continues to blink. plugged it back to the bike and still the same thing (blinking green light on battery charger), the DTI doesnt light up either (i assume that means it not charging).

RECORD EPS on an SL4 Roubaix S-Works frame.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:54 pm 

It's normal. I have had EPS SR over two years now and when started charging, first green and orange light are on, but after few minutes light turn blinking green. (charging)

Interface unit lights tell you what is the charging level of the battery. When charge completet interface light is (solid) green and charger light is also (solid) green without blinking.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm 

Tumppi wrote:
It's normal. I have had EPS SR over two years now and when started charging, first green and orange light are on, but after few minutes light turn blinking green. (charging)

Interface unit lights tell you what is the charging level of the battery. When charge completet interface light is (solid) green and charger light is also (solid) green without blinking.

The charger didn't work, and i got a new one :-) everything is fine now. Thank you

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:24 am 

Tumppi - the blinking light im referring to is on the battery charger itself, the one with the 'lightning bolt' symbol. When i plug in the battery charger to the power socket (without connecting to the bike), the lightning bolt symbol blinks faded green. i believe it should be a solid green.

Nejmann - yes i took the battery charger back to the dealer and got a new one. it was clearly a faulty charger. All is well now - thanks!