"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Geoff

by Geoff

+1. The parcours is vey challenging and the finish is steep. Not a sprinter's course at all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

about the Tinkoff+Cannondale bikes

Stephen Farrand ‏www.twitter.com/stephenfarrand

I understand that @tinkoff_saxo and @albertocontador have contracts with @iamspecialized until the end of 2015....

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

pastronef wrote:about the Tinkoff+Cannondale bikes

Stephen Farrand ‏www.twitter.com/stephenfarrand

I understand that @tinkoff_saxo and @albertocontador have contracts with @iamspecialized until the end of 2015....

A danish blogger has mentioned that it could be spin from the management at Tinkoff to put pressure on Specialized to throw more money into the project. Sort of "If you won't give us more money, we'll just use Cannondale instead". Cancellara also had a contract with Team Saxobank for 2011, and Mercedes had a contract with Team Leopard for 2012. Both were cancelled.
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Do we have a knickname for Kwiatkowski yet? He just out Sagan-ed, Sagan. Wow.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

On the final climb, Sagan slowed a bit, and Kwiatkowski said he knew the Cannondale rider was suffering.

“So I went full gas until the end and that’s how it was won,” he said. “When I came around the final corner to the finish line in Piazza del Campo, it was absolutely beautiful.”

As for Sagan, he said: “You win and you lose. It happened to me today. No, I have not had any mechanical problem — just in the end I had no legs.”
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Haven't watched Strade but sounds like a good race.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

i must say i was shocked they let Sagan and Kwiatkowski go.. nevertheless, a great race and a great finish. Michał Kwiatkowski doesn't stop suprising, seems like he's got so much potential in him. i've spoken to his coach from his early years today and even he was suprised with his progress. and Sagan's super-strong too, the way he made his moove with ~25km to go... man that was epic. seems like the classics this year are gonna be the most interesting part of the whole season :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

ave

by ave

Let?? Really?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

It isn't the sort of course where you 'let'. Quite impressive names in the top 10.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BWO

by BWO

Couldn't follow rather then let

Willier

by Willier

I must not touch
I must not touch

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hehe 'keep plate in left hand, will stop me from pinching....'

Great right up from Pez as always
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/page/late ... xw2xhw-RCc

and a special mention in the article about Sagan jetisoning his 2 gels before getting absolutely dusted by Kwiatkowski....no need for that, Peter

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

it looked like the chase wasn't any organised when Kwiatkowski and Sagan had their ~10-15 second lead. they managed to get as much as over a minute and then Cancelara, Valverde etc took it down to ~40 seconds. so yes, i suppose 'the favourites' could bring it together, if.... i'm very glad they didn't though 8)
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Valverde looks good early this year. I wrote him off 2 years ago. :lol: :noidea:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

petepeterson

by petepeterson

What up with Froome's back? Would make the tour much more interesting for me if his preparation is less than perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com