Selle Itallia SLR Carbon Seat question?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ep

by ep

:( I have had a problem with these seats. I have an old one on my time trial bike and it works fine. I had one on my Road frame and it was working fine for about six months, but now the rails flex out of the carbon shell and it sqeaks. It drives me nuts. I took it back to the local bike shop to send it back for warranty. The Local Bike shop gave me another one to ride in the meantime. After two rides the new one is squeaking. I have gained some weight, but not that much. I weigh 180 and I am 6'-2" tall .Is there an unknown weight limit on this particular seat? Has anybody had the same problems? I have now ordered a Serfas Aria. I have one on my track bike, and it is pretty stout. Let me know.

Cheers,
ep

karlux

by karlux

I was using one on my XC bike. It wasn't sqeaking, it just broke in the middle after a couple months.
I don't think that Selle Italia is a serious company becasuse they produces cheap seats!

Now I have Tune Spednedle - haven't tried yet, but I think that it is much better and even lighter!
Light weight everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyco

by Cyco

I have a SLR on my TT bike, I found the one on my track bike was too flexy for my liking and will race XC on it (instead of my flite).

In my experence if you apply lube to the mounting holes it will quieten almost all saddle squeaks. The rest will either be the rails in the clamp or the saddle rubbing on the top or the post / clamp area.

Joris

by Joris

I have been riding a Selle Italia SLR for 2 years now, never had problems. Sometimes it sqeaks to, but a little silicone oil helps!

Wolfie

by Wolfie

I had a SLR and always suffered like hell after long rides. It didn`t squeek though...
Now I have a AX lightness sprint and it was worth the money! No more pain, stiff as hell and only 81 Gramms, and this is the sturdy version for riders up to 187 lb...
Might as well wanna try this saddle...

karlux

by karlux

Now I have tried out my new Tune Speedneedle saddle and it is very comfortable. The perfect form of the saddle makes you to feel pretty well and it is very light too - 86 grams!
Light weight everything!

Cyco

by Cyco

As a long time user of flight saddles (~8 years) which of the AX range is most likly to suit my bum?

Wolfie

by Wolfie

The Sprint Basic should suit you fine, if you are lighter than 75 kg you can even go for the light version, it`s around 60-65 Gramms.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com