"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Sep putting up some impressive early results here with a 4th at Omloop and now a 3rd at Kuurne!
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

Sep was way too active from too far out though. I really like the guy but he was burning matches left and right on the hellingen. He might get the "strongest rider in the race" half-compliment/half-insult. Hopefully Belkin can support him a little more come Roubaix. They were OK today with K-B-K, but Sep seemed like the only Belkinaut in the race in the Omloop.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i wonder if user Joren was racing at KBK(?)

lippythelion

by lippythelion

I'm just watching K-B-K now. I very much hope that Bell will release their aero road lid to the masses. I'm still wearing a Volt from 3 years back because it's a perfect fit for me.

frankmx

by frankmx

nathanong87 wrote:i wonder if user Joren was racing at KBK(?)

He was, although he DNF'ed.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Really liked Stannard's attack. No hill, out of the saddle sprinting, or swerving from side to side. Just firing up the afterburner and see what happens, awesome.

ave

by ave

>Really liked Stannard's attack. No hill, out of the saddle sprinting, or swerving from side to side.

There's no need for either if you have the motos. :)
Probably could have picked a better snapshot, but it shows it quite clearly. The 2 chasers (FDJ/Belkin) had more of a gap to close than Stannard had behind the motos, right from his attack. Motos, motos, a hell of a lot of motos in Belgium. :)

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

ave wrote:There's no need for either if you have the motos. :)
Probably could have picked a better snapshot, but it shows it quite clearly. The 2 chasers (FDJ/Belkin) had more of a gap to close than Stannard had behind the motos, right from his attack. Motos, motos, a hell of a lot of motos in Belgium. :)

And your point is?

munk93

by munk93

I had 50$ on Kristoff to take this (Money 17 times back), so I wouldn't be outraged if the entire break was DNF'd. ;) But I don't believe that the break would've been catched if they didn't use the path. And Greipel probably wasn't that motivated to sprint for 11th.

ave

by ave

>And your point is?
"There's no need for either if you have the motos. :)"

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Ave: agreed, some slight draft (which can of course make all the difference) can not be ruled out. But I meant more the beginning of the "attack", when there was no momentum and some swarming of motos ahead, and riders behind them. He just moved to the front and started riding, catching most of the group off-guard.

Edit: after watching again, nathanong87 says it below, he was out of the saddle for a bit.
Last edited by HillRPete on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

stannard attacked for sure. stannard was out of the saddle. perfect timing when ebh and niki were caught.

KWalker

by KWalker

Have you guys ever motorpaced? You need to be a lot closer for the draft to do anything.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I have motorpaced lots and was going to say the same. They are not gaining any advantage in that photo.