Seatpost: Bontrager Race XXX Lite
    Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis - 130mm, -17deg
    Handlebar: Cannondale C4 Compact - 440mm

Gruppo
    Levers: 2013 Campagnolo Centaur
    Crankset: 2013 Campagnolo Centaur Carbon, 175mm with 53/39 rings
    Front Derailleur: 2013 Campagnolo Centaur
    Rear Derailleur: 2013 Campagnolo Centaur - Short Cage
    Brakes: Planet X Ultra Light CNC / SwissStop Pads (Swap and change with Campagnolo Centaur - can't decide)

Contact
    Pedals: Look Keo Classic
    Handlebar Tape: Deda Mistral
    Saddle: Madison Prime

Wheels
    Rims: Gigantex UD 38mm
    Hubs: Royce Venus (w/ Ti lockring)
    Spokes: Sapim CX Ray (16/20)
    Skewers: Planet X Ti/Carbon
    Tyres: Vittoria Corsa Evo CX
    Cassette: Campagnolo Centaur - 12-25

Last edited by Devon on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Devon

by Devon

Updated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

You are exactly the type of person who will come on this forum in 6 months time and ask 'Is that a crack in my frame at the seat cluster?' Is that the largest CR1 they do?

Devon

by Devon

They do a 61 but it is far too long for me.; the 58 is only about 10mm shorter than my old 62 Dolan if memory serves. If you are suggesting 250mm extension is too much; there is still a good 50mm until the max extension mark on the post, with another 100mm after that, has caused me no issues over the last 2500+km ridden on this bike.

For reference I am 6'6" with a 38" inside leg (resulting in a very short body) and weigh 75kg.
Last edited by Devon on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I'm pleased to hear you still have plenty of post in the frame. And actually, there are an awful lot riding carbon MTBs these days with as much seatpost exposed.

But the CR1 is a nice frame. The women's version might have given you a little less reach with a bit more stack, but they may in fact be identical to the men's in the larger sizes.

Devon

by Devon

This is actually a mountain bike post I believe :twisted: . I'd be surprised if they made a women's in farm-gate size but could be worth a look! The frame was actually an opportunity buy rather than a planned purchase; it just happened to work out really well for me!

Devon

by Devon

I've always loved bikes with brown saddles/bars (and gum wall tyres, of course) and now the time has come for me to re-wrap my bars I'm tempted to move away from the murdered out look. Thoughts on going brown/tan?
Last edited by Devon on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

If you are going to change the saddle too, then sure, go for it. My concern would be that the tech-heavy SCOTT font might not mesh well with the old school brown leather bartape and saddle.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Two points, both imho:

1. Brown leather is for touring or classic bikes

2. (In ref to your sig) Best not to be an elitist about who does what when your bike comes from a company who started out making ski poles.......

Devon

by Devon

Yes definitely saddle. I would never mismatch bar/saddle.

Good point re font. And the touring/classic reasoning is basically why I'm not 100% on doing the change. It would be intended as a hark back to bikes of old but with a modern twist. Tech changes but style doesn't. But pairing it with a (relatively) modern raw carbon frame could be difficult. I had similar thoughts when fitting my Royce hubs to it.

Although entirely unrelated to this post, that is a very good point about the Campagnolo quote; but it is exactly that, a quote, and my use of it is meant as a bit of fun. If it causes offence to anyone then they're taking things too seriously.

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devon

by Devon

Really not a fan of white on non white frames. Makes it look top heavy and cumbersome.
Last edited by Devon on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinozee

by tinozee

Brown and black? I wouldn't mix those. It's like wearing brown shoes and belt with a black suit.

Also, I do think the white bar and saddle would look good with that bike. Sorry I can't choose either option in the poll because it's too black as is imo.

This is totally opinion remember, it is a sweet bike regardless of colors. I am also the type who would never wear black shoes and socks on a bike, only white. I guess I like the sporty look, more tennis than fly fishing. :p To each his own and good luck with the change.

tinozee

by tinozee

I like it. I also ride 58cm sloping frame showing a lot of post with a long slammed stem. Nothing wrong with that at all. It would look and feel a hell of a lot worse in 61cm with a short stem.

Devon

by Devon

I wear brown boots and belt to work every day!

White isn't an option at all I'm afraid. I think it looks cheap and tacky and would over match the frame.

tinozee I completely agree. My previous bike was a 62 with a 100mm stem and it was horrible to ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com