2014 shoes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

asdf123

by asdf123

cwdzoot wrote:Just got me a pair of the new Vega. Size 44 black.

Fit feels great, almost identical to my Shimano R320 also 44
My Sidi and Lake are both 44.5 = 44 in DMT

The weight is pretty good and the dual BOA holds the foot great.

Vega's are sweet both in white and black.
Please write some more as I'm looking for a pair in 44 as I'm currently riding Sidi Ergo 3 in 44.5 witch ale great too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joestralia

by joestralia

Gaerne G Chrono. Wow! Gorgeous shoe in typical Italian fashion. Why? Very light, seems to tighten up evenly with the 2 knob ratchets, replaceable toe and heel bumpers, venting system (also underfoot).

Minor gripe; You can easily micro tighten the ratchet, but you can't micro loosen it.

The fit: Very similar to my old DMT RSX. More toe room though, which is more than OK with me! The heel cup feels like it was made just for me! And it doesn't ride up my achilles and rub on the skin.

The downside: $$$ !

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

Anyone riding the new lake cx237's? I wear a 42.5 in the 2013 s-works, 43 in Sidi Wires, 42.5 in Rapha GT's, and need some sizing comparisons.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

FlemishCompact wrote:Anyone riding the new lake cx237's? I wear a 42.5 in the 2013 s-works, 43 in Sidi Wires, 42.5 in Rapha GT's, and need some sizing comparisons.

I have two pair of Lake and two pair of Sidi. Size seems exactly the same.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

No need to quote above

Thanks for the input

climbwalz

by climbwalz

I am having a horrible time finding new shoes for this year. I am coming off 7 year old Specialized pro road shoes that have recently started to hurt. I have tried the following brands with little or no success. I am a US size 8 with a B width and narrow heels and low volume.

Specialized: to wide
Giro factor: 41.5 perfect width and volume but to short in length.
Giro factor: 42 To much volume and length
Diadora: 42 too cramped in the toes. Trying to track down a 42.5
Bont Vapor 2013: great volume but not enough length. I have a 42.5 on the way to try out.
Sidi genius 6.6 carbon 42.5. I have had these for two weeks and they are the closest I have found yet but still too much volume in the forefoot and the heel isn't quite holding the way I want it to. I need to sell these if anyone is interested.

I decided to try the bonts again because I figured that if they were close out of the box I could mold them the rest of the way. If those don't work I may try the next size up in the diadora. This has been a very long and frustrating process as I have had to order nearly every pair I have tried. My local shops only carry specialized, giro and bontrager. Any feedback or ideas would be really appreciated.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Climbwalz, Fizik and Mavic look like they could fit you well. They run a little narrow and low volume. Not too sure about the heel though.

I also struggle with finding shoes. I feel your pain.

asdf123

by asdf123

Mavic are one of the most narrow bike shoes I've ever tried but maybe I should have tried the XL version. They where snug even for my normal feet with high arch.
I find Fizik's very roomy and with lots of volume.
climbwalz, maybe try the Sidi Wire's they fit like the standard Sidi's but have a bit more room in the toe area.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Had many pairs of Sidi (not the wire), I (and team mates) found Mavic to be wider than the Sidi's...

asdf123

by asdf123

That's strange I've had only Sidi Ergo 2 and Sidi Wire's and the Mavic Zxellium along with the corresponding mtb model and found that Sidi are less squishy.
Last edited by asdf123 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Sidi Wire are wider at the front than any previous top end Sidi I have owned, plus the adjustable heel retention thingy works well for my very narrow heel. They might be a good fit for climbwalz

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I find the 2012 Fizik R1 and R3 fit me perfect, even tho they are supposed to be an "Italian fit" which I assumed was Sidi and Diadora narrow, which mine aren't.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

The Fizik are most definitely NOT narrow up front, the earlier model's had a fairly roomy toe and a high arch. The newer model's have gone to a more "flat" profile from my time trying them on regarding the arch but the toe room is still there. The Fizik's seem to have the idea of allowing the toe's to wiggle or move a bit, basically giving them some breathing room.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

drainyoo

by drainyoo

KvnP wrote:I just got the 2014 Zxellium Ultimates
Coming from Bont A1's, boy these are comfortable while stiff and power transfer is perfect.

Also looks awesome with yellow / black-carbon in the middle.

Nice! Do they run true to size?

russianbear

by russianbear

Just bought some r1's in white. Should be here in a few days!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com