Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fitty4

by fitty4

vdrey he did, finished in 72th place in 10km now there is 20km on 13th and 15km on the 16th I can't figure out if he is going but I suppose so. http://m.sochi2014.com/en/biathlon

chanthony

by chanthony

This is so cool. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

I want to move to Slovenia. What other country has Jure for everything that is cool in carbon and they have Tina Maze who is hot and a gold medalist.

Jure you should build her a bike and I can fly over to present it to her.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello Berk sent you an email regarding bar/stem.
Best regards
Nuno

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi! Sorry for my silence and thanks for the compliments! At this moment I'm abroad and won't be at home till Monday, so also sorry if it might take a bit more time to answer you on the emails. Otherwise Peter managed to go to the Olympics and they're competing there, nice to hear that also Tina get some of your attention :thumbup: althought there are only 2 million people in Slovenia there are a lot of great athlets.

tharmor wrote:Berk - I am certain that somewhere in the 106 pages of this thread you have addressed the idea if making your own wheels. I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter. You seem keen on improving every part of your bike, except the wheels. Are wheels just too complicated?

**edit**

I would be most interested in your vision of a meilenstein by lightweight or even a Mavic Ultimate

Yes it's true, and I'm working on it already for some time. I'll only say that it can be done better, and that's why I unfortunately don't post more updates because the competition is watching..;) as soon as I'll be able to write more about it I'll let you know. At this moment I'm abroad and will see if I can share anything with you as soon as I come home.

tharmor

by tharmor

Yes it's true, and I'm working on it already for some time. I'll only say that it can be done better, and that's why I unfortunately don't post more updates because the competition is watching..;) as soon as I'll be able to write more about it I'll let you know. At this moment I'm abroad and will see if I can share anything with you as soon as I come home.

Very exciting. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question even while you're abroad.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

No problem, you're welcome! I'm sorry that in the past few weeks I don't post a lot of updates, but will give my best to post more in the future. I'm not a lot in front of my computer because all kind of different duties, and prefer to spend my free time on my bike, you'll understand me :thumbup:

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Through the journey and motivation of this young man... I can see a new and upcoming very successful manufacturer/industrialist... well done and keep up the great work.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Otherwise sorry for my silence in the past few weeks, really very busy with all kind of duties, will give my best to post more updates in the future.

Otherwise my great friend and former team-mate David is working on an interesting project. In their family they have a company that also works a bit with composites (long time ago I posted some carbon bolts that they made) and he's now working on an interesting project and opened a new topic here on weightweenies: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123278

valant wrote:Hi guys,

I haven't been active on forum lately, however I've been reading it a lot. In the past year I've been working on "link cables", similar to nokon or iLink, however I've chosen carbon composite as a build material. I'm almost finished with my project now and I'd be more than grateful if you could help me by filling up the survey on the link below.
Considering all the experience you have, your answers would help me inprove our product and develop it in a way that it would suit the needs of our customers.

In case you have any suggestions, ideas, critics, you are more than welcome to share them in this thread.

http://www.mojaanketa.si/anketa/437273460/

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
David
:thanx:

So just to help him a bit, your opinions would be much appreciated, thank you!

valant

by valant

Berk wrote:Otherwise my great friend and former team-mate David is working on an interesting project. In their family they have a company that also works a bit with composites (long time ago I posted some carbon bolts that they made) and he's now working on an interesting project and opened a new topic here on weightweenies: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123278

valant wrote:Hi guys,

I haven't been active on forum lately, however I've been reading it a lot. In the past year I've been working on "link cables", similar to nokon or iLink, however I've chosen carbon composite as a build material. I'm almost finished with my project now and I'd be more than grateful if you could help me by filling up the survey on the link below.
Considering all the experience you have, your answers would help me inprove our product and develop it in a way that it would suit the needs of our customers.

In case you have any suggestions, ideas, critics, you are more than welcome to share them in this thread.

http://www.mojaanketa.si/anketa/437273460/

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
David
:thanx:

So just to help him a bit, your opinions would be much appreciated, thank you!

Hello buddy,

thanks for sharing my thread! I also have to thank everyone who filled up the survey; I'm getting some very positive responses from you guys :beerchug:

I must point out, that Jure's been involved in my cable set project from the very beginning, helping me out as a technical advisor and as a friend, therefore hands down to this guy!
Keep the wind at your back and the sun on your face!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

You're welcome ;) also can't wait for some more news from David!

Otherwise here just one more photo from one of the last prototypes, this one is 132mm wide, but also a 150mm saddle will be soon presented!

Special thanks to Innegra Technologies LLC! Two Berk saddles will be presented at JEC Paris, if you'll be there say hello to the team from Innegra Technologies LLC, unfortunately I won't be able to go there

liketoride

by liketoride

Jure, so the 150mm is almost ready. please let me know so i can place my order ASAP. Thanks.

liketoride

by liketoride

what is the wt on that baby?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Will a 150mm come in a UD carbon? Any idea on price point or is that a PM matter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
the price isn't a secret, it will be 285eur for the standard saddle with 3K plain look, as on the photo on my previous post (that saddle is 132mm).

Regarding the look of the saddle, I'll offer it also with leather cover and if there would be interes I could also make it UD.

The moulds for 150mm are already made, I already made some prototypes with my previous mould (probably didn't posted any photo) but slightly changed a few details and ordered new moulds, so the new moulds are already made and I have to pick them at the company where they were made. Next week I'll have some more duties, some more paper work, I'll pick those moulds, we also have to move some more equipment to the new workshop etc.,..I'm really very excited to start with it, unfortunately it only takes more time than I thought to sort all that paper work etc.