The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

Getting some wider shoes to replace my Ergo2. Shimano R260

Had 1999 Shimano XC shoes their top of the line ones. It will be interesting to see the difference.

plpete

by plpete

KWalker wrote:Segemented cables work like shit with Shimano 11 in my experience. I've yet to see a single set that has as little drag as genuine Campy/Shimano housing. I do like it for brakes though, especially Nokon housing. I might try the Jagwire housing for my brakes next.

I've heard of people having issues with Shimano Ultegra 11sp to be exact but I'm running Sram 10spd with no issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

mdeth1313 wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:new bars for the cx bike Image

What's the real weight on those bars?

They arrived yesterday. Advertised weight was 210gm, mine came in for a 40cm c-c at 194gm. So pretty pleased with that.

KWalker

by KWalker

plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:Segemented cables work like shit with Shimano 11 in my experience. I've yet to see a single set that has as little drag as genuine Campy/Shimano housing. I do like it for brakes though, especially Nokon housing. I might try the Jagwire housing for my brakes next.

I've heard of people having issues with Shimano Ultegra 11sp to be exact but I'm running Sram 10spd with no issues.

That's because its hard to get Sram on par with Shimano or Campy no matter what you do!

I kid, but I think with Sram its less of an issue because of the generally high cable tension and pull ratio of the shifters. With Super Record I found that it wasn't as bad as it was with Shimano, but the rear wasn't quite as crisp as with Campy cables.

My biggest complaint with the non-fully sealed systems is that the liners invariably get shit in them and lose performance over time in wet weather. I don't have the same issue with normal cables with either Shimano or Campy. It seems that only Sram sponsored riders run segmented housing in the Pro Peloton so there is probably a good chance that they just work better with that brand.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Flyfishing3

by Flyfishing3

Tillquist

by Tillquist

New power meter today.

Power2max Type-S With FSA K-light crankset

See all my bike h e r e

headwind816

by headwind816

@dereksmalls - is that bar equivalent to the FSA compact?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

headwind816 wrote:@dereksmalls - is that bar equivalent to the FSA compact?

Yeah it seems to be. I'm running the FSA Wing Pro Compact in aluminium already on all my CX bikes and it is the exact same shape, which is perfect for as I'm fairly small with shortish arms and I like flat tops instead of a rounded top to rest my hands on. So I only drop about 40ish grams in switching to this but hey it only cost me $60US inc postage off ebay in the end at auction. To be honest the Ergonova copy is a steal at $80 to buy from them and that is advertised at 190gm, so I would guess it would end up lighter possibly.

kramnnim

by kramnnim

I bought a used Parlee Z5 frame today. Wanted an SL, but oh well.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

kramnnim wrote:I bought a used Parlee Z5 frame today. Wanted an SL, but oh well.

Yeeeha! that's nice. What color? anyone ever look at the Parlee Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/parleecycles/
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

oh screw you for introducing me to that Parlee Flickr page...

Now (after losing an hour of my night) I am so close to stripping my Z5sl and sending her in for some make-up. What sucks is that I will now be obsessing for days coming up with designs / mocks / renderings to likely do nothing...

thanks a lot... :beerchug:
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

with the purchase of an internal wiring kit, i completed my 9070 build kit today!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Just snagged a pair of Bont Vaypor's size 42.5 on eBay for a steal of a deal! Shoe's are brand new, just tried on and didn't fit, got lucky I think :)

Have tried Bont in the past but I think I was always buying a size too small in that I had to mold really hard to get the toes enough room, figure for that price I might as well give them 1 more shot before giving up on them entirely :D
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

Tillquist wrote:New power meter today.

Power2max Type-S With FSA K-light crankset

Congrats. Mine has been delayed :(
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

CBJ

by CBJ

3T Ionic Team Stealth will match up nicely with my Team Stealth cockpit and get rid of the Specialized Pave post that I just can't stand to look at on yet another bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com