Cannondale six13

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Checkin out the threads posted for the six13,I've noticed in closeups of the Hollogram chainset that it seems to have a new,more hollowed out bolt design.Must be a fair bit lighter than the solid billet type on my CAAD7.Is this new on the six13 or was it out beforehand?Anybody know if these are available on their own?
Attachments
Older,solid type bolt.
Older,solid type bolt.
New,hollowed out bolt design.
New,hollowed out bolt design.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Superlite

by Superlite

It's new for 04' on the SI system, I have it on my CAAD 7. Goes in hand with the new chainrings and chainring bolts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

It really is too bad that cannondale only sells complete bikes.
They really must miss out a lot on the top end market because of that. I wonder why they have that policy?

Superlite

by Superlite

It really is too bad that cannondale only sells complete bikes.
They really must miss out a lot on the top end market because of that. I wonder why they have that policy?

Who says they only sell complete bikes? I bought my frameset from them. They offer almost every bike as a frameset only. What are you talkking about?

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Well I gues it must be some European countries, the cannondales are only offered as complete bikes. Well sure you CAN get just a frameset but the price is almost the same as a complete bike.... I can see that cannondales homepage states that frames are availiable but the realities are that they arent here.

PNuT

by PNuT

its not that easy to buy a cannondale frameset in the uk, however thats how i got mine... i believe only one place sells them...

i think cannondale claim they feel uneasy about non experienced persons building the framesets up to complete bikes.....

Joel

by Joel

Can you buy there cranckset-BB combo?
And does it fit any standard frame?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

No,it only fits CAAD6 or 7(and now six13)with oversized,unthreaded bottom bracket shells.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Superlite

by Superlite

Well I gues it must be some European countries, the cannondales are only offered as complete bikes. Well sure you CAN get just a frameset but the price is almost the same as a complete bike.... I can see that cannondales homepage states that frames are availiable but the realities are that they arent here.

If you know you can get the frameset then why in your original post say you can't?

And the price of the frameset almost the same as a complete bike? Not even close dude. CAAD 7 frameset with SI fork, and headset and SI Crankset costs $2100, vs. $4000 for a complete bike. Cannondale framesets are a bargin. Your dealer must be a retard.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Youre not reading what I´m writing.... IN EUROPE!!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Further to my initial query on this thread I've just managed to buy the new style bolts(SI 2)from my LBS,he had them in stock!
Does anybody know if apart from the new bolts and lighter chainrings,if there are any other differences between the older SI chainsets and the new ones?Maybe a lighter spider?

Superlite

by Superlite

Nah, just those items, they save ~30g from the previous generation.

Youre not reading what I´m writing.... IN EUROPE!!

I do realize that, you said it in your last post. I just pointed out you changed what you said about frames availability. You didn't seem sure on the availability.

buddyboy

by buddyboy

This is for UK members

I don't know about frameset availability but I have been quoted the following prices for full bikes

Record £4,599
Chorus £3,599
Centaur £2,499

They don't seem to be doing Dura Ace in EU

divve

by divve

It's the retards in Europe who are running Cannondale. They charge up to 1.7x the amount of US prices and make it almost impossible to get a current frameset. Traditionally their strategy has been to place their namesake amongst the top of the elite bikes....unfortunately for them however people in Europe are catching on...sales are down and in my opinion will stay there unless they bring their stuff in line with US strategy and pricing....seen the MSRP yet for the Six13 full Record bike? It's laughable $8700 :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com