FSA or Colnago C50 seatpost 28.0mm needed....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nealrab

by nealrab

In search of...
any 28.0mm seatpost for a C50. Can be a Colnago or an FSA K Force at this point. Preferably a new unused one and any leads will be appreciated. Perhaps there is a retailer that may still have one for sale...it is tough for me to locate anything in the USA at this time. Thanks for any help/info.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

Check Ebay. There is one for sale right now. Good luck I had a difficult time finding them even when C50 was still in production. Lots of people use shims.

nealrab

by nealrab

...I really was looking for a new carbon version. I don't really want to use a USE shim except as a last resort. I can wait awhile if necessary and view it as a long term project. A member here has an FSA that was listed in the FOR SALE section a month ago, but I need 30 posts to even answer in that forum. Maybe it'll take me only a month to reach that total...I don't want to post a bunch of nonsensical things simply to "qualify" to answer an ad on this site. Kinda silly I'd say. Maybe the administrator I wrote to will help me out soon...

c50jim

by c50jim

Did you try pm to the member who had one for sale?

I have a couple of FSAs in the basement that I've bought on eBay over the last couple of years, both new. Colnago, or even Selcof (I believe they made the Colnago branded ones) posts in good condition are pretty rare. The one on eBay now is about as good as the genuine ones have been lately. FSAs are pretty common on eBay.

I have five C40s (I just think C40 is the best bike ever made so have a lifetime supply) and have the FSAs as spares. I also have a shim in case my supply of posts doesn't last. If you're trying to build the bike now or soon, you could buy a shim and a cheap 27.2 post and put something better on when you find one.

bricky21

by bricky21

I went threw 3 of those FSA posts when I had my C50. I would never really consider that an option again. As I said 28.0 posts were hard to come by even when the C-50 was in production. Your best bet is to check Ebay every day in hopes of a NOS popping up. FWIW that Colnago post made by Selcof is pretty sturdy I wouldn't think twice about buying a used one as long as it isn't obviously damaged.

nealrab

by nealrab

What was the problem with the FSA posts?? I would think they'd be good enough to hold up to normal wear and tear, especially in a 28mm...I have used 27.2 posts for years and years even those that were ripped by lots of bikers...like the Look Ergopost 2 Ti. Many in use since '05, not a single problem. Currently using a Syntace P6 Hiflex (in a 31.6) on an EP. I would certainly try almost anything, but used seatposts would not be something I would run with...too many variables and unknowns, especially in carbon. I might try it with a Thomson Masterpiece (if one was made in a 28.0), but not carbon. I will continue to check around...
Jim...I am also unable to PM the seller here due to a lack of posts (I think I need like 6000 posts...see my rant in the weight weenies forum under topic "newbie rules." And he doesn't list an email address either. I don't like the idea of a shim and would ride my other bikes until a proper 28.0 post could be obtained. Yeah, I know, I'm really anal when it come to my equipment. Perfect is barely good enough...BTW, in the case of the Syntace post, my review is strongly positive. It's a definite winner on all fronts. My search continues...thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

nealrab

by nealrab

Maybe with all of your posts you could look at the For Sale section (if you don't mind)...under FSA K Force seatpost (28.0mm) and you'll see Simon BP as the seller...maybe respond to the ad and tell him to contact me...nealrab...he could look me up and I think my email address is listed on my account...and voila, contact...only if you have the time and inclination...thanks in advance if you do...

bricky21

by bricky21

First one cracked straight away. I barley even started tightening it. The other two cracked over time right above and at the back of the clamp seatclamp. The Selcof was used for about two years, and went with the bike when I sold it.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I picked up a NOS Colnago 28mm post on ebay recently. They pop up quite often I would say. Just make a saved search and add the notification feature in the ebay app and it shouldn't take too long.

nealrab

by nealrab

Good tip there on the notification idea...I will definitely do that ASAP (if I can figure it out). Can't figure out why an FSA post should be so fragile, bricky...strange. An admin guy is trying to help me contact the seller on the site here...progress will continue hopefully.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com