Hope Technology UK

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Deus

by Deus

Just a little post regards some positive customer service. :)

The other morning whilst riding to work the bracket on my Hope Vision 1 light broke, I was quite disappointed as I really like and relay on the light on the early morning/evening commute.

When I got to work I patched it up back on the bike using zip ties, the light was undamaged apart from a bit of scratched alloy where it had bounced the road.

That evening I wrote Hope an email explaining what had happened and today I got a reply stating the would send me a new bracket asap for free of charge.

So, Just wanted to publicly thank Simon Perry and all at Hope Technology for all their help.

euan

by euan

They certainly hold up to the quality of their gear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

+1 on Hope UK customer service, I (admittedly by my own fault) broke a dust cap on a Hope BB while removing the GXP adaptors. Couldn't find any new dust caps online or thru lbs so shot Hope a mail explaining he whole ordeal and asked to buy some directly from them. They sent me a new one, plus an extra spare one, free of both charge and postage.

It was a small deal, but they handle their customer care in such a superb way I still believe it is worthy of mentioning. Many others have a lot to learn.

mattr

by mattr

My first generation hope vision 2 failed a couple of years ago.
They hadn't made that particular light for 5 or 6 years (change to connector types and the LED specifications)
Still they repaired it, using my old connector and my existing LEDs. (So I didn't have to buy new batteries)

Total cost.
Postage back to sweden.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Been using Hope stuff for what seems like about 20+ years...great stuff!

sanddancer

by sanddancer

I have mixed feelings about Hope. I use their components wherever I can and I really rate them. I commute with R4 and District 3 lights though and I've had the Disctrict light itself fail twice, 3 failed batteries and 3 failed chargers. Seems to be a commonly experienced fault with the connector between battery and charger. This always irritates the hell out of me and I swear to never buy Hope again. But then they replace the items no questions, within a couple of days and I'm so impressed that I come away vowing to never buy anything else. New batteries/chargers arrived just yesterday and I noticed that the batteries have a Hope logo moulded in the connector and a curly cord. I'm hoping that the connector itself, while the same type, may be manufacturerd to a higher standard and this'll be the last replacements that I'll need.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I think their hubs are pretty good but never found a reason to buy their lights with so much choice in a saturated market...

g00se

by g00se

Wingnut wrote:I think their hubs are pretty good but never found a reason to buy their lights with so much choice in a saturated market...

Yup - hubs a great and make a lovely noise - but I have to agree about the lights, there are better, cheaper options out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

What I used to pay for them, there aren't many competitors.