Women's Carbon Frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Would anyone be kind enough to add to my list? Must be carbon ... must be designated for women ... must be available as a frameset only. (Yes I know lots of small frames might just be as useful).

Fuji Supreme
Specialized Amira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Ridley Liz

rmerka

by rmerka

All the WSD Treks.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Pinarello Paris Easy Fit

Valbrona

by Valbrona

rmerka wrote:All the WSD Treks.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think the Trek WSD 'concept' is actually a con. As far as I know they are based around regular frames, and the only thing that makes them 'WSD' is a short stem, narrow bars, short cranks, etc.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Are you buying your special lady a new bike?

Valbrona

by Valbrona

bombertodd wrote:Are you buying your special lady a new bike?

I am sure as hell not. Females have driven a wedge between me and my bike in the past, and now nothing gets in the way of me and my bike. Women are just bad if you are a cyclist. Alll those hours shopping when I could have been out on my bike.

I am just a short reach kind of guy, and nowadays I also like a lot of stack.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

specialized ruby.. comp, pro,sworks little more laid back then then amira
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Valbrona wrote: but I think the Trek WSD 'concept' is actually a con. As far as I know they are based around regular frames, and the only thing that makes them 'WSD' is a short stem, narrow bars, short cranks, etc.

All 'womens' bikes are a con. What kind of stack and reach are you looking for? What are you riding now?

audiojan

by audiojan

There's in essence 3 types of "woman specific bikes", the ones that take a unisex model and slap some pink paint on it, the ones that take a unisex bike and change out the components (narrower handle bars, shorter crank length, women saddle, etc) and the very few that are truly designed with different geometry, different carbon layup etc.

The shorter you are and the lighter you are the more of a difference it will make. If you're taller, and more powerful, then a unisex frame may very well be a better choice.

With all that said, Parlee for example doesn't make a woman specific frame, but my wife has a Z5Sli XS/Tall and it beats out her woman specific frames (Orbea Orca Dama, Orbea Diva, Trek Madone WSD, Specialized Ruby, etc.) by quite a margin. She's quite short (5'2") and quite light (~110-115lbs), but packs some power. Don't discount a frame because it's not marketed as "woman specific".
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

LouisN

by LouisN

Ridley Frames.

Louis :)

Franklin

by Franklin

You all realize that a "woman's bike" is beyond ridiculous from a bodymetry standpoint? The differences between women and men are negligable in this regard. There is a very, very, very good reason all experienced women simply buy male models. They do not need a female model.

As a side note, that's even true for saddles. Women saddles are absolutely unsuited for racing. And if someone mentions Terry Saddles? Well, guess what, those Terry's work quite okay for a lot of males as well.

Now on your issue: all you need to know is your reach and check manufacturers. No need to spend extra for inferior bikes (women's bike invariably are equiped worse than a comparable male model).

Geoff

by Geoff

I have my girlfriend on the Cannodale Synapse. It is perfect for her.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

my wife is not tall… 5ft and about 100#… the WSD bike was good for her, I ended up getting her a Ruby Comp full ultegra… sure I've changed a few things here and there.. went from 75mm stem to 90mm, but most other fit things have remained the same. She's not a racer, so going all out comfort is the goal.

The bike is mostly black (matt black) with a touch of gold (stripe).. not girly at all.
Last edited by spdntrxi on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com