Ti spindles for speedplay available anywhere?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmX

by jmX

I've sent messages to the old Ward folks (now TiSpindle.com) a few times over the last 6 months and haven't heard back. I like my set I bought from them in 2011, but want another set. I called a while back but nobody answered.

Is there a new known aftermarket supplier of Ti Spindles for speedplay yet?

theremery

by theremery

Search the auction sites using lolipop pedals as your search .....that'll get you there (this pedal brand get the Lawyers out if you use their name)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

doomith

by doomith

I emailed a certain company and got a response within 24 hours! I'll PM you their email address.

jmX

by jmX

doomith wrote:I emailed a certain company and got a response within 24 hours! I'll PM you their email address.

Sure, thats the email address I've mailed several times. I've ordered from them before, but the last 6 months I've just been sending my emails to a black hole apparently.

Thanks tho.

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

I purchased from Ward within the last 4 months...I pm'd you the address I used...hope that helps...
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

jmX

by jmX

Yes. Maybe there's a language barrier coming into play here...I don't need their email address (it's right on their website afterall). The issue is they've not replied to any of my emails.

Anyway, I suppose it's all a moot point now as I unfortunately ended up getting some from China. If the TISpindle guy and gal ever start reading emails again maybe I'll try and order from them down the road.

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

speedplay should be ashamed for all this nonsense they have created, they will never stop it from happening. I use Zeros and for sure wont be servicing or upgrading them with speedplay parts, I will use this certain someone else....
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

If I recall correctly, I also called Ward and got an answer. You might want to try that.
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Maybe they think you're associated with that jerky manufacturer and therefore won't return your email. I was able to reach them recently.

:lol:

neeb

by neeb

I also purchased from TiSpindle recently, less than 3 months ago.

tinozee

by tinozee

Maybe your email is going into spam folder. Try a domain based email or call.

TiSpindle
in the industry

by TiSpindle

I am the owner of tispindle.com if anybody wants to order any type of titanium spindles and you cannot reach our order dept. by email please call Elizabeth at 626-644-0781 she is in the eastern time zone and that is her cell phone do not call her after hours unless you want to get an earful. Her phone number is also on the website. :) . We do not sell certain spindles on ebay. Just call and she will fill you in. Beware all of the lollipop spindles on ebay except those sold by us (wardhyd on ebay) are made in Taiwan with Taiwanese Titanium. They are spoiling the market since people who buy them and have a bad experience will not buy again from any producer.

TiSpindle
in the industry

by TiSpindle

Just to let everybody that some things have changed on ebay for buying spindles. titanium-spindle now is the seller name (http://stores.ebay.com/tispindle) . We are no longer selling under wardhyd on ebay. It is a step forward for us it has been a hard transition since wardhyd seller name had such a long established history on ebay. All of our contact information is the same and we still of course still have our webstore at http://www.tispindle.com. We are still making made in the USA titanium non-oem replacement spindles for Speedp***, Look Keo, Crank Brothers, Shimano, Bebop, Campagnolo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

Will you be making Dura-Ace 9000 spindles any time soon?