My SUPERSIX project THAT BLEW my budget (update 6-10-15)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

plpete

by plpete

It's going to look nice but please don't put back on the shiny black (stripper shoes) bar tape! :lol:

billd203

by billd203

Beautiful build. One of my favorite color schemes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

plpete wrote:It's going to look nice but please don't put back on the shiny black (stripper shoes) bar tape! :lol:

Yeah, I've thought about different bartape but I like how the "sheen" is the same. My frame is glossy, bars, saddle and stem are glossy, the glossy bartape just fits IMO. But I have thought about other options.

michel2

by michel2

you wane do us a favour and press that righthand side button on your scale please ?
thanks,mick

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I will next time i weigh in, which will be after I get it all built back up

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I dont like the lizardskin tape, it tends to look a little bulky and last time I had it, it wore out very quickly. What are some other light weight bar tape options?

Quinn039

by Quinn039

what version of the lizardskins were you using? I went from the DSP 2.5 (felt pretty thick IMHO) to the 1.8 this past season and am stoked on the improvement, just feels that much better... even the 'pattern' seems nicer/tougher.
getting your hands around the DSP 3.2 must be like trying to throttle a python....

or you could just get busyman from Australia to make you up a nice set with some white and red perforations to match the bike... could do the saddle at the same time...

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

It was the original stuff that came out. might have been the 2.5, not sure. But it was thick and it wore out very quickly. I was looking at the DSP race tape which is a 1.8 and it has been mentioned to be more similar to the fizik microtex, but softer. As long as it isn't thick I wouldn't mind trying it.

plpete

by plpete

This - http://www.fizik.com/products/bar-tapes ... ght/black/

Will match your saddle much better than the shiny tape (saddle looks more matte, leather type - I have the same one) and lasts forever. Had mine for 2 years and still looks great.

CaliBuddha
in the industry

by CaliBuddha

Sick bike man! I'm in the same boat as you but you have a lot nicer ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

CaliBuddha wrote:Sick bike man! I'm in the same boat as you but you have a lot nicer ride!

Thanks man! I appreciate it. What boat are we in together? You taking about the bar tape or in general?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

plpete wrote:This - http://www.fizik.com/products/bar-tapes ... ght/black/

Will match your saddle much better than the shiny tape (saddle looks more matte, leather type - I have the same one) and lasts forever. Had mine for 2 years and still looks great.

Good call. That could work. Thanks, i might do that. Im looking into the lizardskin race tape also. Wouldnt mind a little more padding but I hate how thick tape looks.

CaliBuddha
in the industry

by CaliBuddha

Bianchi10 wrote:
CaliBuddha wrote:Sick bike man! I'm in the same boat as you but you have a lot nicer ride!

Thanks man! I appreciate it. What boat are we in together? You taking about the bar tape or in general?

I just meant the budget part. :P

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

CaliBuddha wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk[/quotgoodies man! I appreciate it. What boat are we in togethelr? You taking about the bar tape or in general?

I just meant the budget part. :P

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah, I wish I had a 1/5 of what some of these guys are able to put into their bike! Seeing someone post that they got 3 lightweight parts in one day and a box of other goodies the next day and the next...makes me depressed! Lol

Quinn039

by Quinn039

probably the best photo I have of the 1.8 (race) on mine.

this shot shows it a little further away...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com