Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trilocus

by trilocus

Hi Superdave, do you have news about availability of ar frd in europe or spain? My lbs told me last week that will arrived in march and i ordered in october. Is this info right??

Thank you very much

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

That sounds about right trilocus. I'm waiting on an AR1 and have been told mid March for both that and the FRD (I'm in the UK). I was also told that the AR1 in 54 is sold out for the rest of the year (in the UK)! Not sure how that can be the case at this early stage, but who knows.

Maybe SuperDave?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

gdherrera wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
emartin wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
emartin wrote:Hi,
I just received reply from Tektro about my clearance issue with Shimano direct mount and Stages powermeter. I initially wanted the T740 with a simple design but Tektro suggest the T750 with a more complex design and ease of adjustment:
Would both do the job? I had a similar to the T750 rear brake on my Giant Trinity and was not a fan of the complexity and adjustment. Would prefer the T740 if it fit and work good.
Thanks

You need the T750. Both designs are similar actually. The T740 will hit the stages PM.

-Dave

Thanks Dave, how's the power and modulation with this brake? I'm doing alot of criterium so good braking is crucial. Alot cheaper than the Eebrake if it does the job.

I've been using it for the last few months and I've been pleased with the performance. I had it set up with EPS initially and then with Shimano 9070. The Shimano lever feel is much softer but the power is just fine. Using compressionless aluminum segmented housing from Jagwire has helped firm up the lever feel as the full continuous housing run through the frame will compress much more than the front brake which can cause an imbalanced feel.

As with most things, proper set up yields proper results.

-SD

So I'm working on my AR1 I have the ultegra 6810 in the back. I do want to run the stages power meter I know that the tektro t750 r is the brake to use but i can't seem to find where to purchase this brake?

Are you in the USA? Did you try Tektro? did you try the Felt Dealer where you purchased the bike?

-Dave

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

trilocus wrote:Hi Superdave, do you have news about availability of ar frd in europe or spain? My lbs told me last week that will arrived in march and i ordered in october. Is this info right??
Thank you very much
Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

If the information came from your bike shop I would assume it to be accurate. Probably more so than some random dude on the internet.

-SD

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

mitchgixer6 wrote:That sounds about right trilocus. I'm waiting on an AR1 and have been told mid March for both that and the FRD (I'm in the UK). I was also told that the AR1 in 54 is sold out for the rest of the year (in the UK)! Not sure how that can be the case at this early stage, but who knows.
Maybe SuperDave?

I think the sales of the AR1 exceeded expectations, that is how it can be sold out already.
Felt did not bring the AR1 complete bike to market in 2014 so the approximate sales volume of the AR1 bikes + the sales volume of the AR1 framesets of previous generations should have been adequate to handle the demand. In general it takes 5-7 months to deliver a product from the date of order to the date of delivery. There is little logic in ordering more 2014 AR1 frames today with the 2015 model year debut at Eurobike less than 6 months away.

Make sense?

-Dave

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

I think so. :-) Thanks for the info once again.

Surprised to hear that you might be changing it already for 2015 though.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

mitchgixer6 wrote:I think so. :-) Thanks for the info once again.

Same frame shape but we've got to keep the arts & crafts dept busy.

-SD

gdherrera

by gdherrera

SuperDave wrote:
Are you in the USA? Did you try Tektro? did you try the Felt Dealer where you purchased the bike?

-Dave

i'm in oregon i purchased my AR1 frame from santiam bicycle in tigard, oregon, i haven't talked to them about getting it. i've been soley looking for online purchasing tektro says the t750r is for OEM only. which i assume is for manufactures only.
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

gdherrera wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

-Dave

i'm in oregon i purchased my AR1 frame from santiam bicycle in tigard, oregon, i haven't talked to them about getting it. i've been soley looking for online purchasing tektro says the t750r is for OEM only. which i assume is for manufactures only.

I would check with Santiam Bicycle, have them call our USA Dealer Support services.

regards,
SD

gdherrera

by gdherrera

I got this from Tektro so sounds like they will be hitting the public market soon...

Hi Gil,

The T750R is a brand new brake. We are waiting for our first shipment to arrive from the factory and expect to see them in about a week. We will make them available on our website Tektro-usa.com as soon as they arrive.

Thanks!

Bryce Olsen
Customer Service and Warranty Rep
TRP Brakes/Tektro USA
688 West Amidan Dr.
Bldg 4X Bay 1
Ogden, UT 84403
Phone: 801-648-7079 EXT 703
Fax: 801-648-7086
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

Twinning

by Twinning

gdherrera wrote:I got this from Tektro so sounds like they will be hitting the public market soon...

Hi Gil,

The T750R is a brand new brake. We are waiting for our first shipment to arrive from the factory and expect to see them in about a week. We will make them available on our website Tektro-usa.com as soon as they arrive.

Thanks!

Bryce Olsen
Customer Service and Warranty Rep
TRP Brakes/Tektro USA
688 West Amidan Dr.
Bldg 4X Bay 1
Ogden, UT 84403
Phone: 801-648-7079 EXT 703
Fax: 801-648-7086

Sorry if I missed this from the previous posts but why is everyone going after the tektro brake and not just using the dura ace/ ultegra direct mount brake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

I think a few of the guys were asking about the Tektro due to clearance issue when using the Stages power meter.

As a side note on the Shimano direct mount brakes, the rear seems to need the newer R55C4 pads due to the extra cut out on the back to allow for the placement of the security grub screw on the rear brake. Not an issue with the normal R55C4 pads, but I've had to modify my Reynolds Cryo Blue pads in order to get them to fit into the 6810 brake shoe.

Mize

by Mize

Yeah, had to modify the pads for my Enve 6.7s as well.

rudivollersmullet

by rudivollersmullet

SuperDave wrote:
mitchgixer6 wrote:I think so. :-) Thanks for the info once again.

Same frame shape but we've got to keep the arts & crafts dept busy.

-SD

Am I unlikely to get an AR1 in the Uk anytime soon then? Is it possible to import one direct from US? I'm looking to replace my bike which was stolen and am getting by on my winter bike at the moment. Really like the look of the new AR1 but can't wait until the 2015 range so will have to go with my back up choice of a Cervelo S5 otherwise. Is there any chance of getting one sooner?
Cheers

jaconle33

by jaconle33

Thanks SuperDave for the reply.

So If i use my current EPS setup with the new AR1 frameset, I use campy pads right now for my Zipp wheels, is the rear brake compatable with Campy pads then? Also, will the shop need to order anything else specifically for the EPS setup? Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com