Sub 6.3kg CAAD10 Build - Final Weight & Photos pg 9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Wow, that looks like The Hulk grabbed it. Thanks for the heads up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Hey folks, just a quick update. The build is still alive. Just had to put pause on it to deal with some personal bills. It's back on now, so I will be posted frequent updates again. I'm thinking of getting brakes next. The TRP R970SL seem interesting. More soon...

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Brakes and pedals have arrived. I went with the Planet-X brakes instead of the TRPs because of the price and they're a little lighter. I'm impressed, they're well made and the weight came in at 212g. Looking forward to seeing how they perform.

I found a great deal on the Mavic Zxellium SLR pedals and I've been wanting to try them out, so I grabbed a pair. These are the version with the steel axle, but the weight is still great at 192g for the set.

I updated the build sheet with the weights for these.

Next up I'm going to tackle the drivetrain. I'm waiting for Fairwheel to get the Extralite chainring and Recon cassette in stock.

Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Quick update. Tires, bar tape, and bottom bracket bearings have arrived. I will weight and post them this weekend. Wheels and tubes are on the way. Will have those up shortly. After that it's all drivetrain.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Here are the weights of the parts that just arrived. I also weighed the brakes without the pads to get a true weight.

Wheels and tubes are on the way. I picked up a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C and Continental 28 Race Supersonic tubes.

Build list on page 1 is updated.

Planet-X Brakes with no pads.

Mavic Carbon Brake Pads

Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm with cellophane wrapping still on.

Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink

Mavic Yksion Pro Powerlink

FSA BB30 Ceramic Bearings
Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

The Recon aluminum 11-23 cassette arrived. The weight on it is great, and I got the black version to match the rest of the drivetrain.

Wheels are in transit, and I also picked up some Fibre-lytle carbon pulleys, mech plate and chain stopper. Those should be here soon.

I'm looking around for the best prices on the Sram Red cranks, FD, RD and shifters.

Recon Aluminum Cassette 11-23

Recon Aluminum Lockring
Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

More parts arrived. Weights and photos below. Got a lighter cage from Mighty, and I'm trying out the SwissStop Black Prince pads instead.

I decide to change up the cockpit to reduce the weight. The Ritchey parts are beautiful, but I'm going with lighter options. For bars I got the Zipp SL, which are almost 50g lighter than the Ritchey WCS Curve. For the seatpost I got a Woodman Carbo El, which is around 60g less than the Ritchey post. For the stem I'm going to get an Extralite Road OC, 30g less than the Ritchey stem. And finally the new saddle I got is the Saevid S1.2, 13g less than the generic carbon one I started with. In total I reduce the weight by around 155g. Everything besides the stem has been ordered and is on the way. Will have those weighed soon.

Wheels are still in transit from Europe. Takes forever.

Mighty Carbon Cage 10g

SwissStop Black Prince Pads 30g

Control Tech Race SL Bolt-on Skewers 29g

Continental Race Supersonic Tube 55g
Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VeloPixie

by VeloPixie

Great build.

Wonder how much the dust cap and retaining collar weigh on that tube? More potential savings to be had there ;)

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Haha thanks. Nothing lighter than getting rid of a part all together. ;)

pavaobg

by pavaobg

Great build.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Thanks. I'm itching to get it done and ride it.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

This is too exciting. Can't wait to see it completed.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Glad you dig it. I really wanted to get it closer to 6kg. The wheels hurt me a bit, but I really love them and they seem bomb proof. Better for my weight.

The only other areas where I can shed more weight is in the chain and pedals. I could go with the Ti version of the Mavic pedals I got, which would drop around 40g off. A YBN Ti chain would probably shed another 40g, but hard to justify the cost of one. I wanted to get Fibre-Lyte rings but the wait for them is 5 weeks. I'm hoping to be riding this thing before then.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

The Zipp SL SS 40cm bars have arrived. I was hoping they'd be under 170g at this size, but 174g isn't bad. I could cut off the ends a little.

Zipp SL Short & Shallow Carbon Bars 40cm 174g
Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I cant wait to see this built up! Do you have any prior experience with recon cassettes? Interested to hear back how it performs. Thats some impressive weight, But curious if it will be worth it. I hear they dont last very long.