Cockpit: Enve vs. Deda vs. Ritchey vs. Zipp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

rheosibal wrote:
carbonLORD wrote:All ENVE and ENVE wheels (and fork).

That's super tempting. If I change the fork, I'll probably change it to an evo fork, but it's not a necessary upgrade. As for wheels, I was able to order 2014 Zipp 404s for a killer deal so my wheels may mismatch with my cockpit...I don't really mind.

Thats ok, I have both brand wheels and prefer the braking of the 404, and with the 2014 dual cross rear and new hub flange, it should be as stiff as the Enve's.

Sounds like a great build, enjoy!
carbonLORD.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

rheosibal wrote:Fantastic! KWalker says that the Evocurce has an annoying backsweep on the top that get's in the way when sprinting. Can you confirm that? Also if you don't mind, can you send me a picture of your setup? I'd love to see that!

I would say the same thing about the Evocurve bars. Some love the sweep but I find it odd. I've got their al bars paired with a C260 stem on my rain bike... still need to swap it out for some 3T :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller76

by Miller76

My vote is for the ENVE setup... I'm contemplating the CAAD10 Black Inc and would probably look to put on the ENVE fork as well...

KWalker

by KWalker

Let me see if my Evo curves are in a box still and if they are I can post a picture. The sweep makes no sense and isn't even that ergonomic when climbing.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

PSM

by PSM

:up:

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

FSA is such an uninspiring brand to me. Even the logo is and graphics are just yawners.
carbonLORD.com

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

:exactly:

Perhaps the most unsexy brand on the market IMO.

ENVE or Deda. Depends on the bike.

Grill

by Grill

I have Ritchey WCS cockpits and seatposts (or toppers) on all my bikes. You just can't beat them for price/weight/quality/stiffness.

are

by are

Interesting thread for me ... I've been planing a new build and debating parts. As it happens I just ordered:

- Ritchey WCS Logic II Classic Road Bar, 42cm
- Ritchey WCS C260 Carbon Matrix Stem, 100mm
- Ritchey WCS 1-bolt, 0-offset UD carbon seatpost

I really wanted matched components with a traditional bar shape.

I also just ordered:

- Specialized Romin Pro, white
- Lizard Skins DSP 2.5 white tape, 2.5mm

Should all arrive in a few days! I've never used Ritchey components before, so I'm glad people are happy with it.

tinozee

by tinozee

I kinda like the FSA parts and vision wheels on certain bikes like the cannondale and Cipollini.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

carbonLORD wrote:
rheosibal wrote:
carbonLORD wrote:All ENVE and ENVE wheels (and fork).

That's super tempting. If I change the fork, I'll probably change it to an evo fork, but it's not a necessary upgrade. As for wheels, I was able to order 2014 Zipp 404s for a killer deal so my wheels may mismatch with my cockpit...I don't really mind.

Thats ok, I have both brand wheels and prefer the braking of the 404, and with the 2014 dual cross rear and new hub flange, it should be as stiff as the Enve's.

Sounds like a great build, enjoy!

Thanks! I'm pretty excited!

Imaking20 wrote:
rheosibal wrote:Fantastic! KWalker says that the Evocurce has an annoying backsweep on the top that get's in the way when sprinting. Can you confirm that? Also if you don't mind, can you send me a picture of your setup? I'd love to see that!

I would say the same thing about the Evocurve bars. Some love the sweep but I find it odd. I've got their al bars paired with a C260 stem on my rain bike... still need to swap it out for some 3T :)

Hmm interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Miller76 wrote:My vote is for the ENVE setup... I'm contemplating the CAAD10 Black Inc and would probably look to put on the ENVE fork as well...

Oh man, that would be killer

KWalker wrote:Let me see if my Evo curves are in a box still and if they are I can post a picture. The sweep makes no sense and isn't even that ergonomic when climbing.

Great, thank you!

PSM wrote::up:

FSA is great, don't get me wrong, but I believe it only looks great on their team bikes and not the rest of the Cannondale lineup.

carbonLORD wrote:FSA is such an uninspiring brand to me. Even the logo is and graphics are just yawners.

LOL +1

Mario Jr. wrote::exactly:

Perhaps the most unsexy brand on the market IMO.

ENVE or Deda. Depends on the bike.

I'm still debating...2014 CAAD 10 (Ultegra all black frameset)

tinozee wrote:I kinda like the FSA parts and vision wheels on certain bikes like the cannondale and Cipollini.

I only think that the FSA parts match with the team colors for cannondale, but not the rest of the frameset colors.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

tinozee

by tinozee

I'm not sure if I missed it, did you post a pic of your Caad in progress? Your evo in the sig looks hot. I read the bit about your fit and the 54 vs 52. Will your caad be a 54 or 52? Reason I ask is that once your stem gets long (past 120) it can start to be a stiffness concern. Some long ones are stiffer than others. :p I personally love a smal frame with long stem but the options are limited for 140mm stems. For example, Ritchey only has a wet white or matte black in 140. Zipp has 2 - Service course SL (only with white logo) and the sprint stem.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

tinozee wrote:I'm not sure if I missed it, did you post a pic of your Caad in progress? Your evo in the sig looks hot. I read the bit about your fit and the 54 vs 52. Will your caad be a 54 or 52? Reason I ask is that once your stem gets long (past 120) it can start to be a stiffness concern. Some long ones are stiffer than others. :p I personally love a smal frame with long stem but the options are limited for 140mm stems. For example, Ritchey only has a wet white or matte black in 140. Zipp has 2 - Service course SL (only with white logo) and the sprint stem.

Thanks for the compliment! The Evo frameset is for sale by the way if you're interested ;) Actually I haven't started building the CAAD yet. I'm waiting for the frameset, then I plan on building it with the Sram Red from my Evo.

I'm downsizing to a 52. I'm at least going for 120mm, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going longer than that. I'm not replicating my position on the caad to 100% of the evo, but it will be close. The reason I downsized was because of the necessity to be lower.

Luckily if I decide with 120mm, or even 130mm, I still have all my options available. PHEW!

Thanks for the heads up!

PSM

by PSM

And I don't like ENVE. ;)

rheosibal

by rheosibal

PSM wrote:And I don't like ENVE. ;)

lol i'm still in debating..well at least until I start building