does 3T sell their products without retail packaging?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theStig

by theStig

I've been shopping for some Ergonova LTDs on ebay and it seems as if several vendors sell them with zero packaging. It was my understanding that most 3T products were sold with retail packaging and only a few items were OEM.. i don't think any bike ships standard with any of the LTD hardware, so I'm not sure if these parts are counterfeit or not..

Can anyone shed any light on this? If so, how can I tell if the products are real? 3T's fake product guide on their website is next to useless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

Send 3T an e-mail?

yoshirider

by yoshirider

3T must be selling some without the packaging because all the 3 Ergonova Team handlebars and 1 ARX Team stem I bought from Backcountry came with only bubble wrap around them. I highly doubt Backcountry is removing the packaging prior to shipping like ProBikeKit does.

Dammit

by Dammit

eBay is absolutely lousy with fake 3T stuff- if there is no serial number in the ends of the bars, you've just bought a fake.

Personally I would not buy any 3T kit from anywhere other than a reputable online store these days.

theStig

by theStig

Have you read this page? it's useless

Dammit wrote:http://www.3tcycling.com/fakes-just-say-no/

theStig

by theStig

I did.. those guys don't like to answer their email

PSM wrote:Send 3T an e-mail?

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

I bought my Enve bars, stem and seat post from my LBC and they did not come with packaging. I got a Pro Deal on another Enve post and stem and they came in a black Enve boxes.
I think merchants take them out of the original packaging to save counter space and to let the consumer see the product.
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

theStig

by theStig

I did.. those guys don't like to answer their email

PSM wrote:Send 3T an e-mail?

Getter

by Getter

I got a Arx Pro from Competitive Cyclist in a plain plastic bag. Some distributors sell parts as "oem" intended for bike builders. I got a pair of Speedplay pedals as an EP...and they came complete, packaged in a clear plastic bag.

bura

by bura

I have bought my Ergosum Ltd. bars with packaging, small book of users guide as well as various sized 3T stickers.
Of course there is a barcode in the drops on the right side.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

When I bought my 3T ARX LTD stem and Ergosum from QBP it came in big nice bulky boxes with decals and a manual. When I bought my Ergonova Team bars they came in bubble wrap. Depends on the model I suppose and yes, ENVE boxes are cool!
carbonLORD.com

BimmerRacer

by BimmerRacer

My Ergonova LTD came from Competitive Cyclist with no packaging.

Velonutter

by Velonutter

I've bought loads of 3T Ergonova bars and they have always come with proper boxes and packaging.

I've been conned twice with fakes, the first time was obvious as the stems were plain black and not dark silver with Ti bolts, the second time the photos were crap but the seller insisted they were genuine, turned out they weren't so got a refund from fleabay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

BimmerRacer wrote:My Ergonova LTD came from Competitive Cyclist with no packaging.

Yup, me as well. I have bought from CC with no packaging, and Modern Bike without packaging.