Cannondale Hollowgram Replacement Ideas

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rheosibal

by rheosibal

allenpg wrote:I ended up going with the Chris King BB and Praxis rings. That seems to have solved the problem!

Nice choice! Are you still dumping Sram? I currently have SiSL2s with a Quarq spider and Sram Exogram chainrings. Let me know how praxis rings work out for you. Not sure if I'm staying with Sram or moving to Shimano yet..
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

allenpg

by allenpg

I've got SRAM Force on my CX bike and mostly X0 on my MTB. I actually really like the SRAM mechanical group, but have Di2 on both my road bike and TT bike. I lived in Chicago for years and knew guys that worked for SRAM. Ironically, I now live in Irvine, which is where the Shimano HQ is for North America. Both companies put out great products, and the competition just makes things better for us end users...;)

BTW, my wife has SRAM Red on her road bike and she loves it. She has small hands and the levers are very adjustable. Then again, she has Shimano mechanical on her TT bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mgordon

by mgordon

No issues with using the King PF30 BB with Hollowgrams? My BB hasn't come in yet but I was wondering if that plastic sleeve would be a problem; I know the Hollowgram spindle spacers are expected to butt right up against the bearing.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

allenpg wrote:I ended up going with the Chris King BB and Praxis rings. That seems to have solved the problem!

When My bike was new last year, the Chris King was the fix after 3 days. Glad it worked for you also.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

58teeth

by 58teeth

z