Punted Strava.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

lukey muffler

by lukey muffler

The most frustrating thing about strava is that sometimes it's just too hard to drive the appropriate speed in the car to just pip the local KOMs. It's subtracting from my riding enjoyment and to some degree, my sanity, as I'm finding myself out on the local bergs in the wee hours of the morning. Cruise control doesn't help as these muppets keep adding all these segments within a segment. 'Johnny big dog's vomit berg, (the harder bit from switchback 2 to 4)' for example. I need to slow down for KOMS within the KOMS for it to be plausible.

Might be time to uninstall. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

lukey muffler: I've had success taking the bus. To have the option of juicing my KOMs I always take a seat on the back row, so that when closing in on the finish line I can make a dash through the aisle, securing the KOM with precision. Added benefit; I don't have to drive myself. :-D :-D

makoti

by makoti

Treat it as "Facebook for cyclists" and you'll love it.

Yep. That's it for me. Allows me to keep up with what a friend is riding on the other side of the world. Sadly, it makes me very jealous, since it's summer there & 25 here...
But it's huge there. She'll ride 50km & have 65 segments. That's nuts.

aerozy

by aerozy

djm wrote:lukey muffler: I've had success taking the bus. To have the option of juicing my KOMs I always take a seat on the back row, so that when closing in on the finish line I can make a dash through the aisle, securing the KOM with precision. Added benefit; I don't have to drive myself. :-D :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :beerchug:
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I have to add that the Strava challenges are a big motivation in my training as well. Collecting cool jerseys this season has never been more fun!

I've also started an open team and am giving away my own kit for the top miles in Feb, and will continue doing so throughout the year.
carbonLORD.com